Knowledge Base
Community

Time giffgaff give up offering data

Started by: exmember-2018-356361
On: 15/08/2016 | 17:22
Replies: 67

by: mydrawer
on: 21/08/2016 | 14:01

Clearly giffgaff know there is a issue from the recent survey but being here before nothing actually changed. So the answer to your question op is yes

Message 61 of 68
by: terran_federation
on: 21/08/2016 | 14:08
I get the feeling sometimes that there are a lot of forum users who liked to comment on these posts but then go on to say that they don't use data on their phones which doesn't add anything beneficial at all to these discussions.

Maybe these people are just the type of customers that giffgaff needs?
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 62 of 68
by: islasdad
on: 22/08/2016 | 00:11

terran_federation wrote:

<snip>
Maybe these people are just the type of customers that giffgaff needs?

Absolutely, lets get all these members to buy £20 bags and only use 5 or 10mb a month. Then the rest of us might get a usable serviceSmiley LOL

As to the other demographic you mention, I find it a bit weird that giffgaff would allow members that don't have active sims to post at all. Surely only current customers have any interest in the service?

Of course, it's fine for prospective new members, but old hands that have admitted going elsewhere should surely have no say in a company they don't actually use anymore.

I just don't understand why anyone would bother with a service they no longer use?

Or have I missed something?

lets all be nice eh?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 63 of 68
by: torquebar
on: 22/08/2016 | 17:45

I gave up using gg as my main sim ages ago because of the data fiasco, I run speed tests occasionally to see whether there has been any improvements and this was todays result:

Screenshot_2016-08-22-16-11-33-472.jpeg

The download speed was fast by giffgaff's standards but hardly acceptable or usable by normal standards and obviously nothing has improved!

Message 64 of 68
by: terran_federation
on: 22/08/2016 | 18:46
@islasdad many long term members have developed a "giffgaff habit" mainly through helping to develop giffgaff from its earliest days. It's a bit like a baby; you don't give up caring about it once it's able to go on its own way.

Of course there are also those members who have changed from giffgaff to another network, but feel that it's important to stay involved to improve the service in the hope that it improves and they can return at some point in the future.

If most of the regular contributors who have left giffgaff weren't allowed to post, these forums would be a much poorer place.
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 65 of 68
by: johnrooney80
on: 22/08/2016 | 19:10
I've never heard of anything so ridiculous- a texts & call Network for a Network which is wholly onlineSmiley Frustrated That's just silly!!
Use a lesser data bag & keep data OFF if it's unuseable, & use wifi where available is an option. How would we post on the giffgaff forums if they 'did away' with data? How would Customers get any help or support? Other Networks are available but not as simple-to-use or as friendly or plainly packaged as giffgaff...
Message 66 of 68
by: 4quarrybank
on: 22/08/2016 | 22:58

I now tether off my partner's ee phone, and just use the voice calls as the data is slow and frustrating

Message 67 of 68
Highlighted
by: torquebar
on: 23/08/2016 | 13:50

johnrooney80 wrote:

.......Use a lesser data bag & keep data OFF if it's unuseable, & use wifi....

In essence no data as per the title Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 68