Community

Too many goodybag choices

Started by: shabazmoqsud
On: 24/07/2018 | 15:41
Replies: 27

by: shabazmoqsud
on: 24/07/2018 | 15:41 edited: 24/07/2018 | 15:53

Hi All

Just thinking giffgaff offering 7 goodybags is too much.  Personally i think giffgaff should get rid of the least profitable goodybag of the range and keep it to 6 goodybags and also spread the data and or minutes and texts of the least profitable goodybag among the remaining goodybags.

Plus ive never seen any other network that offer 30 day sim only packages have as many as 7 offers.

The next largest number of package offerings are from ID Mobile other than that smarty and voxi have a small number of sim only plans.

What does everyone else think?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 28
by: joolzian
on: 24/07/2018 | 16:50

I think that what you say in paragraph one is not going to happen.Removing one bag doesn't leave anything to 'share out'  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 28
by: ceky3
on: 24/07/2018 | 17:07 edited: 24/07/2018 | 17:08

Hi,

I think you can never have too much choice and difference between 6 and 7 products is minimal.

Current offering seems ok to me. Maybe £12 goodybag seems less relevant now that there is extra 1GB on the £10 one, but I am sure there will be some happy users there too.

Giffgaff needs to keep looking at what competition is offering and refresh the offering to keep up. For example Plusnet on 30 day rolling contract (yes I know that PAYG and being able to change your plans from month to month suit some folk better, plus payback opportunity obviously) does 3.5 GB for £8 or 4GB for £9.

Recent change on £5 and £7.50 definitely stopped some lower usage customers leaving, so well done giffgaff for listening.

As for profitability I can only guess but surely there’s someone who knows and keeps an eye on this. I am sure giffgaff wouldn’t offer anything that is not making money...

Message 3 of 28
by: blackfive460
on: 24/07/2018 | 17:14

shabazmoqsud wrote:

Plus I've never seen any other network that offer 30 day SIM only packages have as many as 7 offers.

Well, EE have ten 30 day products plus another 5 data only while Vodafone have 8 plus 5 data only.

I'd have thought that providing more gives customers plenty of choice so that they are more likely to find something to suit.

Message 4 of 28
by: mitchell98
on: 24/07/2018 | 18:28

shabazmoqsud wrote:

Hi All

Just thinking giffgaff offering 7 goodybags is too much.  Personally i think giffgaff should get rid of the least profitable goodybag of the range and keep it to 6 goodybags and also spread the data and or minutes and texts of the least profitable goodybag among the remaining goodybags.

Plus ive never seen any other network that offer 30 day sim only packages have as many as 7 offers.

The next largest number of package offerings are from ID Mobile other than that smarty and voxi have a small number of sim only plans.

What does everyone else think?

Personally, I think having a wide range of options for members to choose from is essential. What we have to remember is that giffgaff started, and continues to be, a phone provider for its members in order to keep costs down - essentially, a budget provider.

Having the cheapest goodybag at £5 with 500MB data, 150 minutes and 500 texts - suitable for very light mobile users, and a higher £25 with practically unlimited everything, there's a nice variety in-between.

There will be some users who are smack bang in the middle in terms of usage, so the £12 goodybag will be the perfect one for them, and there will undoubtedly be some users who tip onto either side of the usage, so it is beneficial to offer something to suit everyone and all budgets.

Message 5 of 28
by: niqq
on: 25/07/2018 | 10:23

I don't think giffgaff can win, too little and people complain, too many and they complain!

Message 6 of 28
by: figment_uk
on: 25/07/2018 | 16:32

@shabazmoqsud

Purely out of interest, which goodybag do you buy the most, and which would you like to see withdrawn?

How would giffgaff "spread the minutes and texts of the least profitable goodybag among the remaining goodybags" when 5 of 7 goodybags have unlimited calls and 6/7 have unlimited texts?

Join giffgaff during May 2019 for a chance to win goodies worth around £2500. Order a SIM now using the link below

Message 7 of 28
on: 25/07/2018 | 17:13 edited: 25/07/2018 | 17:17

figment_uk wrote:

@shabazmoqsud

Purely out of interest, which goodybag do you buy the most, and which would you like to see withdrawn?

How would giffgaff "spread the minutes and texts of the least profitable goodybag among the remaining goodybags" when 5 of 7 goodybags have unlimited calls and 6/7 have unlimited texts?

@figment_uk i buy the £10 goodybag most

I was thinking that maybe giffgaff could remove either the £5 or £7.50 goodybags and the spread the allowances across the other but maybe i got it wrong i suppose it is better the more choices you have the better as others have said.

Plus i guess since giffgaff have recently updated the data on the two lowest mentioned goodybags they wont be withdrawing either anytime soon.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 28
by: kate1028
on: 25/07/2018 | 17:36

I'm a very light user @shabazmoqsud - never use data as I'm always on my home or other broadband, and PAYG is normally enough, but just occasionally I make more calls and the £5 bag is perfect then !  I would hate to see it go !  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 28
on: 25/07/2018 | 17:42 edited: 25/07/2018 | 17:56

kate1028 wrote:

I'm a very light user @shabazmoqsud - never use data as I'm always on my home or other broadband, and PAYG is normally enough, but just occasionally I make more calls and the £5 bag is perfect then !  I would hate to see it go !  Smiley Sad

@kate1028 i guess u are right 

I have to admit maybe i got it wrong there should be more choice not less

Plus my wife uses £5 goodybag and has used £7.50 goodybag also in the past if either were withdrawn she would not be happy along with many members.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 28