Knowledge Base
Community

Top up swip cards.

Started by: luke198830
On: 05/01/2019 | 03:31
Replies: 9

by: luke198830
on: 05/01/2019 | 03:31

Like a lot of networks is that you go to a shop hand over the swip top up card and tell the person now much you want on your phone and the credit gos strat on. Why don't giffgaff start that so you don't need to always get vouchers all the time when you want to top up. 

Message 1 of 10
by: persco
on: 05/01/2019 | 06:59

@luke198830 wrote:

Like a lot of networks is that you go to a shop hand over the swip top up card and tell the person now much you want on your phone and the credit gos strat on. Why don't giffgaff start that so you don't need to always get vouchers all the time when you want to top up. 

That would be an extra payment option yes but I think giffgaff already have many extra options to cover this plus the cards will cost money to produce and reissue if members lost theirs etc. Only difference with a voucher is that you have to dial a shortcodes to add your topup which isn’t a hassle for me really but I get your point. 

You can look in the labs and support similar ideas like this https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/14180673 but giffgaff isn’t keen on it st the moment which I understand 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: mcilwraith
on: 05/01/2019 | 11:30

not necessary

Message 3 of 10
by: davidevans0000
on: 05/01/2019 | 12:25
I agree not necessary
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 10
by: ujo55
on: 05/01/2019 | 13:01
It is a system which I believe works well on other networks, so why not an option on giffgaff given the issues many experience with vouchers?
Message 5 of 10
by: various_mm
on: 05/01/2019 | 14:04
@luke198830

it would cost to produce those cards! those costs would be passed on to the likes of me and you. it would mean vast majority of folks will have to pay for the service that a very few people would use, so it does not feel fair.

one option is for GG to pass the costs only to those that use this. so for example getting the swipe card would costs an said amount to cover the costs for GG to run the facility.

there are also options to top up via paypal, credit or debit card where you do not need a voucher. Even with a voucher it only take less than a minute to top up so not sure the value that the swipe cards will offer.

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 6 of 10
on: 05/01/2019 | 14:05
by: mcilwraith
on: 05/01/2019 | 11:30

not necessary

--------------

@mcilwraith

agree. there is no need for this given a range of top up options GG already offer

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 7 of 10
on: 05/01/2019 | 14:08
by: ujo55
on: 05/01/2019 | 13:01
It is a system which I believe works well on other networks, so why not an option on giffgaff given the issues many experience with vouchers?

-----------

@ujo55

just because it works for another network does not automatically mean that GG should offer it. The GG business model is different to other networks. the idea is to keep costs low and offering such things would add to operational costs for GG which it will simply pass on to us by way of increased prices.

plus GG already offer a whole range of top up options from credit and debit car, to paypal which all do not require any need for a voucher.

Message 8 of 10
by: allan1954
on: 06/01/2019 | 10:29
not needed in my opinion.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 06/01/2019 | 10:58

Not sure if this is something that may exist on giff gaff in future but for the time being it's nice to be able to enjoy the things that makes giff gaff different from other networks. Plus I like the way that we can manage our accounts online, I like being able to queue goody bags and I love the personal touches of giff gaff like the way they message us suggesting which goody bag is right for us. 

Message 10 of 10