Knowledge Base
Community

Topped up £10 and now £9.99

Started by: ijustcantdoit
On: 16/01/2019 | 21:20
Replies: 72

by: ashleybristoluk
on: 11/02/2019 | 15:59

hmmm it do same thing with me not sure it due system issue hopefully gg will fixed it 

Message 61 of 73
by: jossy22
on: 11/02/2019 | 23:39
Smart (ish) 😁
Message 62 of 73
by: o__o
on: 11/02/2019 | 23:49 edited: 13/02/2019 | 19:52

I have a random 1p on my account... maybe it's yours! Smiley Surprised @ijustcantdoit

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 63 of 73
Highlighted
by: jason1973tess
on: 12/02/2019 | 11:31

I put to a AGENT AND THIS IS WHAT HE SED

Mark here from giffgaff, Thanks a million for your e-mail i appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. I understand you have a query regarding the issue when topping up £10 the balance is £9.99, I can imagine this must be quite frustrating for our members, I know i would be extremely frustrated.

We are aware if this issue when topping up, It is currently being investigated as to why this happens and how to resolve the issue. We haven't had a lot of these cases recently, But there are still cases where this happens which giffgaff are trying to sort out for our members as soon as possible so this doesn't happen again. Please keep an eye on our community forum for any update on the matter, And hopefully this will no longer be an issue very soon.

Message 64 of 73
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 13/02/2019 | 11:41

Cheers @jason1973tess so no real clue why yet then ?

Message 65 of 73
by: thunderdragon
on: 13/02/2019 | 14:39
Jesi23 wrote:
ThunderDragon; I can confirm that a £5 goodybag purchase (from PayPal, or Credit /Debit Card) will always re-set your gg-to-gg 93 days free calls/texts.
@jesi23 Cheers for that! It's good to know! Smiley Happy
Can I just clarify that you mean a GoodyBag purchase from PayPal or Card as opposed to a purchase from existing airtime credit? IME my own £5 GoodyBag purchases don't seem to extend the 93-day timeout by themselves, and this appears to be extended only when I pay new funds (Whether a top-up or GB) from an external funding source. Smiley Surprised
Jesi23 wrote:
His [Jesi's Grandsons'] system works:
  1. Buy £10 Credit
  2. In three months’ time, buy £5 goodybag from Credit (so he can still call family from goodybag once gg-to-gg has expired)
  3. Further month, (if still has at least £5, exchange for further goodybag; in which case Topup £10 next month) If has less than £5 Credit, purchase £5 goodybag using card;
  4. As long as still has credit at end of 93 days, buy additional £5 goodybag using card.
Mine is similar, normally along the lines of:
  1. (Assuming I have <£5 credit on a/c) buy a £10 cash top-up by card,
  2. Immediately order and queue-up my next £5 GoodyBag to commence at the end of the present one,
  3. Once the "Queued GoodyBag" slot is vacant (The next GB has come into use) buy and queue the next GoodyBag when possible,
  4. Repeat the above steps until account balance is below the value of my next desired GoodyBag, requiring another top-up.
That said, my understanding was always that the free GG-2-GG allowance was based on date of last top-up or GB activation, not just the date of last top-up on it's own! Smiley Surprised
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 66 of 73
by: jaymailsays
on: 13/02/2019 | 15:01 edited: 15/02/2019 | 02:36

thunderdragon wrote: That said, my understanding was always that the free GG-2-GG allowance was based on date of last top-up or GB activation, not just the date of last top-up on it's own!

@thunderdragon Goodybag purchases made from airtime credit do not qualify members for free giffgaff calls/texts. 

The reason is simple, the adding of airtime credit or payback of £10 or more triggers 3 months free calls, so using the same airtime to buy a goodybag would be in effect gaming the system.

You are correct that only fresh money, in any form triggers free calls/text perk, buying any goodybag, with a credit card, voucher, PayPal or bank debit card qualifies for free calls.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 67 of 73
by: jason1973tess
on: 13/02/2019 | 15:33
It should not make no. Different haw you topup a topup is a topup
Message 68 of 73
by: jesi23
on: 13/02/2019 | 19:01

@thunderdragon The 93 days is triggered by the introduction of ‘new cash’ via card, voucher, or PayPal (or, in the event of choosing payback of over £10 as Credit, by £10 or more payback twice a year as Credit). As there are no £5 vouchers it is a voucher of minimum £10, but when you purchase a £5 goodybag by card or PayPal it does restart the free gg-to-gg 93 days.

I hope this clarifies the position. My grandson’s goodybag from Airtime Credit in the fourth month replaces gg-to-gg for him as he uses calls and texts from the goodybag. Otherwise, he would build up quite a surplus of money as he doesn’t use that much PAYG even in three months. He does sometimes take and send pictures (MMS) as he is interested in architecture, but most of his internet usage is WiFi.

🤡

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 69 of 73