Knowledge Base
Community

Topping Up Issues - Balance Stays at £0

Started by: khan_13294
On: 01/04/2010 | 16:45
Replies: 6

by: khan_13294
on: 01/04/2010 | 16:45

I have topped up twice (£10.00) to complete my giffgaff activation process of my sim, but my account still lists the balance as being £0.00. Why is this? Please reply back quickly. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 01/04/2010 | 17:01

Hiya,

It often takes a little while to update but just in case, I've escalated the issue for you.

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 2 of 7
by: dtravers
on: 01/04/2010 | 17:13

Hi khan_13294 Smiley Wink,

I have taken a look at your account and there doesn't appear to be any attempted payments or SIMs on your account, nor is there any registered payment details.

You will need to try once again to activate your SIM by going to the giffgaff homepage and clicking on "Activate a SIM."

Once you have activated your SIM you will be asked to make a payment to top up your SIM.

If you've already done this I will need to know any error messages that you're getting and also, if you could tell me how far along the process are you getting before you get an error message. With this information I should be able to raise a case and find out from our technical team what is going wrong.

Many apologies but I hope to have this resolved as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And remember everyone, if you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. It lets everyone know you're sorted plus gives extra points to the person who helped you. Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 7
on: 01/04/2010 | 17:22

Hi,

I have topped up £20.00 but it just doesn't seem to recognise that I have topped up because the balance lists it as £0. In terms of how far I got with the activation process, I managed to get to the end where I entered my credit card details and I clicked 'Confirm Payment'. Therte was no confirmation of me topping up or making a payment as it went straight to the 'My Account' page.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Asfandyar Khan

(Username: khan_13294)

Message 4 of 7
by: dtravers
on: 01/04/2010 | 17:38

Hello again Smiley Happy

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. I'm going to have both our technical team look at this and also someone in our finance department to see why your payments are not registering on our system.

Your balance shouldn't appear as £0 on your account as there doesn't appear to be an active SIM. So this is a strange one!

I have also received your e-mail so I am going to respond to you there also and if you can, could you reply with a screen shot of what happens when you are directed back to your homepage with the balance saying £0. This would make it easier for our technical team to establish what the problem is.

Can I also ask you what browser you're using?

I am sure that you have not yet been charged for any transaction but if you find that you have indeed been charged then we will need a copy of your bank statement because according to our systems, we have not yet charged you.

I am really sorry again about any inconvenience this has caused but I hope that we figure out what is going on sooner rather than later.

I look forward to your response Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And remember everyone, if you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. It lets everyone know you're sorted plus gives extra points to the person who helped you. Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 7
on: 01/04/2010 | 18:06 edited: 01/04/2010 | 18:07

Hi again,

What does it mean by active sim? By putting it in the phone, does it make it active and then you go through the activation process? Also, I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.2. I will post 2 screenshots of me just before clicking 'Confirm Payment' and one after when it goes to the 'My Account' page in an email to you.

Any more questions,

Reply here. Thanks,

Asfandyar Khan

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 01/04/2010 | 19:09

@khan_13294 wrote:

Hi again,

What does it mean by active sim? By putting it in the phone, does it make it active and then you go through the activation process? Also, I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.2. I will post 2 screenshots of me just before clicking 'Confirm Payment' and one after when it goes to the 'My Account' page in an email to you.

Any more questions,

Reply here. Thanks,

Asfandyar Khan

The sim only becomes active after it has received it's first top up of £10. It also then allocates the actual mobile number to the sim. If this hasn't happened yet, which in your case it hasn't as far as I can make out, it means it won't yet pick up a signal, nor can you make or receive any calls.

The guys are working on it though, so hopefully we can have you sorted out soon.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 7 of 7