Two changes coming up: the Knowledge Base button and a new type of replies

Started by: antonlg
On: 25/09/2018 | 13:35
Replies: 18

by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 25/09/2018 | 13:35 edited: 02/10/2018 | 14:35

Hiya giffgaffers,

There are two changes coming up that we wanted to highlight to you.

The first one is regarding the Get help button  - Get Help button.jpg - that we have on our community navigation bar which, as some of you already noticed, is a bit confusing and sets the wrong expectation when it comes to what members see after they click that button. So, we thought we would make it easier by calling that button what it is - Knowledge Base. By making this change we hope to make things a bit more clear for members looking for help.

The other change is adding a note/tagline for posts made through the  Helper's Toolbox. Not only will this help us keep track on the usefulness of the Toolbox but it will also help us make sure that helpers are aware of its existence. There will be a link leading to a Knowledge Base article in that note, an article we are creating to explain what the Toolbox is and what you need to do to gain access (I'll put here a link to the article once it's done).

These changes will be released as a test, therefore if we see that they are not having the desired effect we will refine them.

We expect these to go live quite soon so you won't have to wait too long until you get to see them in action. Looking forward to hearing what you folks think about them.

Cheers,
Anton

Message 1 of 19
by: bill48er
on: 25/09/2018 | 14:03

Hi @antonlg

A long overdue change Smiley Happy

I have often struggled to easily find the Knowledge Base and the first thing most people look for these days when they need help is the FAQ page.

A  "search KB"  link on the page would be a great addition and at the risk of overloading the page, a link to Guide-to-the-Knowledge-Base

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 2 of 19
community giff-staffer

on: 25/09/2018 | 14:21
Cheers @bill48er, thank you for the feedback. There are some ideas that definitely worth attention.

Plus, it's a good nudge with that article that will need a refresh btw.
Message 3 of 19
by: as7861
on: 25/09/2018 | 14:32
Hi @antonlg

Two great changes.

The get help (i can understand why this was confusing to people that did not ever visit)

Helpers toolbox tagline, look forward to seeing more the tag Smiley Tongue

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 19
by: tradertall
on: 25/09/2018 | 15:36
thank you
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 19
by: notherefornothing
on: 25/09/2018 | 22:17
This is progress.

A small part of me wonders if the phrase "Knowledge Base" is still too technical for some users.

FAQ may be better but I am aware that some people still don't even know what that means.
Message 6 of 19
by: harrrrrry
on: 25/09/2018 | 23:34

"Knowledge base" is probably guessable even by those who don't already "know" what it means.

FAQ isn't. If you don't know what the initials stand for, you're unlikely to guess it without somebody explaining.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 19
by: persco
on: 26/09/2018 | 07:12

Two important changes. Thanks. The toolbox tracking feature is a no brainier. Would help knowing how we are using it. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 19
community giff-staffer

on: 26/09/2018 | 10:20 edited: 26/09/2018 | 10:22

@notherefornothing, we asked ourselves the same, fair question - is Knowledge Base intuitive enough or it is too "technical"?

There's no obvious answer. While it is used across different industries (as FAQ ), some people will know the term, some not. Some will be curious to find out what it is about, some won't.

Time and feedback will tell if we need to change it. You guys will be the first to know that.

Message 9 of 19
by: k89bpa
on: 26/09/2018 | 16:06
Again the knowledge base team lead the way with a common sense and intuitive approach.

I have to say though, and apologies for the off-topic comment, but what a mess the backend side of giffgaff must be that this small change has taken this long to be approved. Wasn't the discussion where this was talked about over a month ago?
Message 10 of 19