Knowledge Base
Community

Uk Mail phone deliveries….

Started by: spacefrog
On: 06/08/2018 | 20:12
Replies: 11

by: spacefrog
on: 06/08/2018 | 20:12 edited: 06/08/2018 | 21:26

From help and support a few days ago i have been in conversation  with a member in private messages regarding a phone delivery, this member has ordered a phone from giffgaff and has waited at his address all day, but the delivery didnt turn up, he has contacted an agent and this was investigated, 

The agent has replied and has told the member that uk mail has delivered the phone and was signed for by the member using the member name , he has tried to call UK MAIL but couldnt get an answer and sent four emails with no replies, through our discussions over the last few days the member has today visited the uk mail depot, the person on the desk told the member that the parcel was "Driver signed" and left at a different address, and that tomorrow the delivery driver will go to the other delivery address and pick up the phone and deliver it to the member, now... this has got me thinking... this cannot be a legit thing that UK mail do with parcels, and why was the parcel signed for in the members surname..? something doesnt seem right with this..... did the driver intend stealing the phone..? i have read articles across the web about uk mail and how poor the service is, what with parcels going missing and what not, when i googled "uk mail driver signed" it came up with this..https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/ukmail_-_anyone_else_had_problems-590018

After talking and trying to help this member over the last few days and hearing what has happened with his phone delivery there is no way i would trust uk mail to deliver an expensive phone that i might not ever receive, this seems dodgy that this has happened and i hope the phone does turn up.... and turn up unopened..

Has anyone else come across simular stories with uk mail , i would hope that giffgaff could offer a trusted alternative and more reliable service for very expensive phones, let alone have to wait days for what seems to be a pretty rubbish service by what i have read....... 

Edited to say "UK MAIL"

Image and video hosting by TinyPicsrc="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p

Message 1 of 12
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 06/08/2018 | 20:20

@spacefrog wrote:

From help and support a few days ago i have been in conversation  with a member in private messages regarding a phone delivery, this member has ordered a phone from giffgaff and has waited at his address all day, but the delivery didnt turn up, he has contacted an agent and this was investigated, 

The agent has replied and has told the member that uk mail has delivered the phone and was signed for by the member using the member name , he has tried to call UK MAIL but couldnt get an answer and sent four emails with no replies, through our discussions over the last few days the member has today visited the uk mail depot, the person on the desk told the member that the parcel was "Driver signed" and left at a different address, and that tomorrow the delivery driver will go to the other delivery address and pick up the phone and deliver it to the member, now... this has got me thinking... this cannot be a legit thing that UK mail do with parcels, and why was the parcel signed for in the members surname..? something doesnt seem right with this..... did the driver intend stealing the phone..? i have read articles across the web about uk mail and how poor the service is, what with parcels going missing and what not, when i googled "uk mail driver signed" it came up with this..https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/ukmail_-_anyone_else_had_problems-590018

After talking and trying to help this member over the last few days and hearing what has happened with his phone delivery there is no way i would trust uk mail to deliver an expensive phone that i might not ever receive, this seems dodgy that this has happened and i hope the phone does turn up.... and turn up unopened..

Has anyone else come across simular stories with uk mail , i would hope that giffgaff could offer a trusted alternative and more reliable service for very expensive phones, let alone have to wait days for what seems to be a pretty rubbish service by what i have read....... 

@spacefrog this seems very dodgy to be honest in the past i have considered getting a phone outright from giffgaff after reading this i will never get a phone from giffgaff until at the very least giffgaff change delivery companies UK Mail are appalling there are other options

Royal Mail

DHL

and others

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 12
by: ujo55
on: 06/08/2018 | 23:35
I can't imagine how I would feel if, after reporting the non delivery of a phone to an agent, I had been informed that not only had the phone been delivered but that I had signed for it. So now in addition to not having suffered the loss of not receiving the phone, but having giffgaff question my honesty, I really can't imagine how bad that must make you feel and how angry the member must have been with giffgaff - I certainly would have been!
It puts into sharp contrast the security gg impose on phone deliveries by insisting they are only delivered to the address registered for the members credit card however inconvenient counts for nothing if the driver chooses to deliver it elsewhere and signs for it in the members name.
Something needs to change, we've seen the idea of the phones being delivered to a collection point, which could help the situation, but will it ever come to anything?
Message 3 of 12
by: nominate
on: 06/08/2018 | 23:57

giffgaff are allegedly exploring click and collect as an option for phone purchases

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Phones-click-amp-collect-delivery-options/m-p/22142663

Message 4 of 12
by: nominate
on: 07/08/2018 | 00:11

@shabazmoqsud wrote:

@spacefrog this seems very dodgy to be honest in the past i have considered getting a phone outright from giffgaff after reading this i will never get a phone from giffgaff until at the very least giffgaff change delivery companies UK Mail are appalling there are other options

Royal Mail

DHL

and others

UK Mail are part of DHL and are in the process of rebranding as DHL Parcel UK.

Message 5 of 12
by: ip633
on: 07/08/2018 | 09:24

O2 are responsible for the dispatch and delivery of handsets, so it's out of giffgaff's hands really. But if it's any consolation, over the years UK Mail has proven to be just as unpopular with the O2 Community, so if giffgaff can have any influence, then discussions like this one can at least add some weight to the negative feedback that's already been received.

But don't hold your breath  Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 12
on: 07/08/2018 | 13:28

I haven't had a response yet from the member, but this must be a very stressfull time, knowing that you have entered into a loan agreement to pay for a phone you might not ever receive, the member lives in the uk and moved here from another country, so it may not be the easiest thing to do to understand how to sort this out, or understand his rights as a uk customer who has been treated in this way by UK mail...

Would anyone know what to do in a simular situation and you end up with a package that has been opened, say for instance a giffgaff phone you have ordered, do you think you should refuse the delivery or would/could you sign it as "delivered but package opened" , this would only be possible if you sign with a pen and paper delivery sheet, but most of the time its an electronic signing device..?

Anyway, i will post the outcome of this saga when i hear back, i hope this ends happily, 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicsrc="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p

Message 7 of 12
by: mcilwraith
on: 07/08/2018 | 17:12

sorry @spacefrog i can`t agrree

i do feel for the member as it shouldn`t happen

but i`ve now had 8 or 9 phones(ive lost count maybe 10) from giffgaff all delivered by Ukmail and all within the time slot they sent me

Message 8 of 12
by: cps15966
on: 07/08/2018 | 22:21

@spacefrog I hope they do now the change and sincerely hope the member you've been trying to assist gets a positive result.

I suggested click and collect almost 3 years ago now....

https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16700221/click-and-collect-instead-of-uk-mail

.....this came from a similar incident that I saw and got involved with as the link above tells you when you read it. At the time there were also a number of other complaints on the forums.

Fingers crossed is what I say......

cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 9 of 12
Highlighted
on: 08/08/2018 | 13:23

Yes.... the member hasn't yet given full details but has his phone now, was delivered unopened so member is happy.

I dont have first hand experiance with Uk mail @mcilwraith but it seems there is alot of negative things said about uk mail, on the other hand it could be the usual internet hype, i wonder if uk mail publish their delivery on time/ successfull deliveries/ lost parcels data, would be interesting to see.... in this case uk mail have no doubt delivered.

Message 10 of 12