Knowledge Base
Community

Unlimited SIM Only Deals - the state of the goodybag

Started by: huey3man
On: 27/11/2018 | 00:23
Replies: 45

by: shabazmoqsud
on: 28/11/2018 | 17:12

@huey3man giffgaff is pay as you go so i dont think they will be updating there packages anytime soon

However i believe giffgaff do a quarterly review of goodybags so you never know.

I am in agreement given the income that giffgaff generate through there plans and phones there will come a point where they have to 1 reduce the cost of plans 2 increase the data on allowances and 3 reduce pay as you go rates in order to compete with the 30 day sim only plans otherwise people will leave

Even now there are 30 day only plans better than what giffgaff offer with smarty and voxi as some examples.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 46
by: ashleybristoluk
on: 28/11/2018 | 17:43

i am agree with you gg need step up. most network out there offer great plan 

Message 12 of 46
by: k89bpa
on: 28/11/2018 | 17:59
If you want a better deal you need a 12MSO contract at the very least because giffgaff are the best "bang for buck" in terms of allowances at the range you're talking about on both PAYG and 1MSO and the chasing pack are some way behind.

It's been that way for a while.

It's unlikely giffgaff will increase allowances or reduce prices when they're already the market leader in those markets and I don't blame them.

They made a huge jump, they're even beating some of the 12MSO packages, that's how good they are in terms of price/allowances.

Not having a go, just offering a little perspective.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 13 of 46
by: chadders93
on: 10/12/2018 | 05:14
Sorry @k89bpa have to disagree giffgaff no longer offer bang for buck you'll find that's what Voxi are doing with £10 getting you 6GB, £15 getting you 15GB & £20 getting you 45GB of data all plans include unlimited calls, texts and picture messages as well as endless social data. Voxi is also the same as giffgaff no contracts you can stop your plan at any time so it doesn't apply the next month. Giffgaff need to get with the times and actually offer something that beats the competition like they used to.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 46
on: 10/12/2018 | 05:44
You're free to disagree @chadders93 but Voxi is at present only available to those aged 30 and under and thus is a niche product rather than a mass market product.

In terms of the mass market giffgaff is way ahead of PAYG and 1MSO and matches, even beats some of the 12MSO products.

To say they lack competitiveness against that background is somewhat foolish.

And for those who earn "payback" they can be significantly cheaper adding even more value.

I'm not a giffgaff fangirl, they're not even my main network,I'm just calling it as I see if.
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 15 of 46
on: 10/12/2018 | 06:46
@k89bpa Giffgaff also primarily target the 18-25 age group. The under 30 limit voxi have is easily removed by changing birth year something that isn't verified at sign up and many have done to get it. My whole household (4 of us) have moved over to Voxi due to the last lot of unacceptable changes giffgaff made to goodybags making them loose out on £80 a month we pay in total.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 46
on: 10/12/2018 | 07:30
@chadders93

They, (giffgaff), may market to young people but they are available to all and so my point stands.

As for what you said about Voxi, it may not be the best idea in the world to admit that you have obtained goods/services by deception and committed fraud on a forum which is available to the entire world.
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 17 of 46
by: mountainstosea
on: 10/12/2018 | 11:37

One advantage giffgaff has over all these networks.. its on the O2 network which gives great 2g coverage. Which for me I need. Horses for courses

Message 18 of 46
on: 10/12/2018 | 12:01
@k89bpa I never said I had obtained any services by deception use common sense and re-read what I put. I was born in 1993 making me 25 hence the 93 in my username! Lieing about age would be breaching terms and conditions they are not providing a financial service. Giffgaff need to seriously look at revamping goodybags or they'll loose more of their core customer base simple as that.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 46
on: 10/12/2018 | 16:36
@chadders93, even presuming that your household comprises 4 people under 30, you're still advocating people over 30 obtain goods and services by deception.

It's not just terms and conditions, it's entering into a financial contract and giving false details in order to do so, if it's not the above crime then it's certainly fraudulent behaviour that you're talking about and if not admitting, advising.
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 20 of 46