Community

Unlimited texts

Started by: newcrazymember2018
On: 17/11/2018 | 07:14
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 17/11/2018 | 07:14

Good morning you early Giff Gaffers, I have been wondering about unlimited texts and the fair usage policy, is there anyway of checking how many texts a person sends each month? Do any of you know how many texts we can send until we reach the fair usage policy? 

I know this post may be borderlining something that should be posted in the help and support section but I am not having any problems, just wanted to open a discussion about it, sorry if this as already been discussed before and I hope it is ok to post it here 

Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: harrrrrry
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:49

@newcrazymember2018

As long as you are individually typing the texts and sending them to only ONE person at a time, that should be OK.

You're not allowed to use any form of automation that causes the same text to be sent to more than one person. So, don't set up text distribution lists on your phone or send messages that go to your entire contacts list.

It's also advisable not to send anything that might be mistaken for a marketing message unless the recipient has specifically asked for it. Giffgaff doesn't see the text of your messages, but if the recipient forwards it to 7726 it's likely to be investigated and your sim barred.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 9
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 17/11/2018 | 07:51
Theres no policy on personal txt
Message 2 of 9
by: rhort
on: 17/11/2018 | 09:18
Unlimited texts on GiffGaff means truly unlimited, with no 'Fair Use Policy' as such, however, if a large number of texts are sent over a sort space of time to a number (or numbers) which don't reply to you, GiffGaff may investigate to see if you are spamming.

You can read details of the conditions for this at http://giffgaff.com/boiler-plate/terms (section 3.5 deals with possible abuse of the text allowance)

You can also find more information in the KnowlegeBase article at https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Policy-to-manage-illegitimate-SMS-usage/ta-p/611799...
Message 4 of 9
by: allan1954
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:30
giffgaff doesn't mind if you send a lot of text messages as long as its one at a time if you used a text bomb then giffgaff blocks your service.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: harrrrrry
on: 17/11/2018 | 10:49

@newcrazymember2018

As long as you are individually typing the texts and sending them to only ONE person at a time, that should be OK.

You're not allowed to use any form of automation that causes the same text to be sent to more than one person. So, don't set up text distribution lists on your phone or send messages that go to your entire contacts list.

It's also advisable not to send anything that might be mistaken for a marketing message unless the recipient has specifically asked for it. Giffgaff doesn't see the text of your messages, but if the recipient forwards it to 7726 it's likely to be investigated and your sim barred.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 9
by: mcilwraith
on: 17/11/2018 | 11:25

@newcrazymember2018 wrote:

Good morning you early Giff Gaffers, I have been wondering about unlimited texts and the fair usage policy, is there anyway of checking how many texts a person sends each month? Do any of you know how many texts we can send until we reach the fair usage policy? 

I know this post may be borderlining something that should be posted in the help and support section but I am not having any problems, just wanted to open a discussion about it, sorry if this as already been discussed before and I hope it is ok to post it here 

as long as you don`t send too many in one batch there isn`t a limit

but batch txts could be considered as spam and result in the account being suspended

Message 7 of 9
by: sandramoakley6
on: 17/11/2018 | 22:36
if there is a 'Fair Use Policy' then by definition its limited.
imaging if i ran a compatiton .. first prize an debit card with an unlimited amount of money ..subject to a'Fair Use Policy of £1 a day limit
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
by: inspiron42
on: 21/11/2018 | 08:24
There is no such thing as unlimited, so you are restricted to the speed that you can type.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 9