Community

Vectone's impressive goodybags

Started by: khairul
On: 17/11/2010 | 17:09
Replies: 43

by: khairul
on: 04/01/2011 | 19:57

@ragnorak wrote:
And who knows what Vectone may decide to change the bundles to next month - a network needs stable offers, not ones where you have to keep checking their site to see what the current deals are.

Thank you.

In fairness to Vectone, however, the same could be said about giffgaff. Giffgaff also has the right to change its goodybags - it's just that giffgaff generally chooses to improve its goodybags rather than transforming them, despite such a change being at its discretion. The former £30 goodybag springs to mind.

Just my two pennies worth.

Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
Message 21 of 44
by: chriszzzzzz
on: 05/01/2011 | 00:03

@paul_shirley wrote:

...long before you joined no-one seemed to have a problem with keeping up to date with the competition. giffgaff cant keep ahead of the game without knowing what the other 'players' are up to and this is one way to crowdsource it.

I'm perfectly aware that many of our less critical cheerleaders appear unable to see giffgaff as anything but perfect. I have no interest in watching those dreamers sleepwalk giffgaff into irrelevance. Keep the reports on competitors coming so giffgaff can react.

I don't think you are naive enough to believe that gg wouldn't know what the competition were doing without someone on here telling them?

No one joined "Long" before anyone on this network...It's only just gone 1 year old.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Wink

In a mad world only the mad are sane
Message 22 of 44
by: stryk
on: 06/01/2011 | 11:54

GG is better with the uses of a national call and text.  vecton is cheaper with international calls.Smiley Wink

with the hope of waiting for cheaper international calls in GG

Message 23 of 44
by: ibiza
on: 07/01/2011 | 04:01

If GG stops trying to get a pound per min for international calls offered at 1p per min on other networks then its not going to get many international users.

It would be LOVELY to have one phone with one sim for all calls (and another for people you did not want to speak to!!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- - THOSE NOT POSTING NICELY - WILL BE TAKEN OUT THE BACK AND SHOT!! - -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 44
Highlighted
by: zuberb
on: 10/01/2011 | 00:28

Not sure if I missed it in the other posts, but:

Last time I checked, Vectrone were offering double your credit when you brought £20 worth. Which you could then use for your goodybags.

I didn't spot any kind of clauses around it, any expiry etc. either. So taking that into account, the call costs become much better.

At least that is how read it.

Zuber

Zuber

Order your new giffgaff sim from www.sim-shop.co.uk and get an extra £5 credit and cashback !
Message 26 of 44
on: 10/01/2011 | 01:57
@zuberb

Extra credit is only available to customers on the Vectone Mobile 'PLUS' tariff, and thus cannot be used for buying a Smart Bundle. From the T&Cs:

Vectone Mobile/Vectone Mobile PLUS:

£20 Free Credit:
This offer is only available to Vectone Mobile PLUS customers. This offer cannot therefore be used in conjunction with ‘Smart Bundle’, ‘Smart Favourites’ or ‘Smart Extras.’
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
Message 27 of 44
by: andy0
on: 10/01/2011 | 03:57

... and it has higher rates on that version, so the extra credit isn't as great as it looks

Message 28 of 44
on: 29/01/2011 | 17:38
Is there any PAYG provider that provides equal to or more than 1GB internet for £5, as Vectone do?
Message 29 of 44
on: 29/01/2011 | 17:39
I'm referring to their internet-only offer, not the £5 Smart Bundle.
Message 30 of 44