Community

Visual Voicemail

Started by: starsky135
On: 18/04/2014 | 09:51
Replies: 19

by: jpcjpc
on: 17/07/2015 | 13:51
I use Hullomail.

Just bear in mind that it works by diverting calls to the Hullomail answering service, so the time people spend leaving messages comes out of your goodybags or payg credit.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 20
by: petercardiff
on: 17/07/2015 | 14:45

Hi, @starsky135 I use visual voicemail on giffgaff - it's a service called Hullomail.

There is a free version and a paid version. I've been using the paid version for several years now and I love it.

Here's how it works.

You setup a call divert / forward to a 0330 number which is allocated to you when you sign up for the service. So when someone calls you their call which is forwarded to hullomail will come out of your goodybag allowance. Then when they leave a message the APP on your phone picks up the message via mobile data / wifi and displays it as a notification on the phone. 

You can then open the app and listen to the message as many times as you like for free.

This is really useful when abroad because you can pickup your messages free using Wifi in hotels/restaurants etc. No international call charges.

I also divert my home landline to the 0330 number so all my answerphone messages are received in my hullomail account.

You can even access the messages on a computer via the hullomail website.

Here's a screen shot of hullomail working on my phone.

Screenshot_2014-07-25-16-20-11.png

I can highly recommend this system. You can try the free version and see if you like it.

http://www.hullomail.com/

Message 12 of 20
by: sampsonandroyal
on: 17/05/2016 | 11:53
It's the 21sr century - get a grip giffgaff
Message 13 of 20
by: sampsonandroyal
on: 17/05/2016 | 11:53
It's the 21st century- get a grip giffgaff
Message 14 of 20
on: 17/05/2016 | 12:55
What's '21st century' about paying huge licensing fees to a company who's increasingly becoming an also ran in mobile technology, to use a closed product which cab be related by third party tools at no cost to giffgaff at all?
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 20
on: 17/05/2016 | 12:56
Can be replicated!
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 20
by: jimfraegala
on: 17/05/2016 | 13:00

Agree with you @alicepowell 100%

Jim

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 20
by: navvy
on: 17/05/2016 | 13:01

@sampsonandroyal

This is an old thread, but you would do well to read it all the way through.

Hullomail works really well as a visual voicemail, and is available on multiple platforms.  They actually say that it is compatible with giffgaff, and any others that use the same standards for diversion of calls.

It's certainly far superior to the basic voicemail service, though that is still needed for anyone without a smartphone.

The free version of Hullomail has adverts, but anyone who uses voicemail regularly will probably want to pay the small fee to get rid of adverts that say thing like "You have 2 messages waiting".  

Automatic transcription is available as a paid add-on, "Get the Gist" for the first 10 seconds or 30 seconds.  This could reduce the data usage, or at least let you see whether it's worth spending data on listening to the MP3 file.

You can also have the MP3 files emailed to you.

Message 18 of 20
by: csmr
on: 08/08/2016 | 00:30
Still no support for visual voicemail.
Visual voicemail is standardized by OMTP. It is implemented in all phone operating systems. (Android was the slowest to do this but has done it now.)
HulloMail is not visual voicemail. It a workaround for the lack of visual voicemail. Unlike standard visual voicemail it requires forwarding a number and installing an app.
Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
by: mattptid16
on: 08/08/2018 | 14:52

This is an old thread and it should be noted that Hullomail is no longer free.

Message 20 of 20