Knowledge Base
Community

Want to chat about setting up a giffgaff equivalent in Australia. Please direct me to management.

Started by: mumso
On: 09/08/2016 | 23:23
Replies: 29

by: blackfive460
on: 18/08/2016 | 11:10

mumso wrote:

I definitely don't have access to a few million dollars. But you never know what's around the corner.....

Well, if you ever find yourself with a few million dollars burning a hole in your pocket, I'd put setting up an MVNO well down the list!

If you are interested in seeing how many MVNOs you already have in Australia have a look at the list on this Wikipedia page; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_mobile_virtual_network_operators

Message 21 of 30
by: dtuxcomp
on: 18/08/2016 | 15:50
@blackfive460 Wow that's a long list! Nice job.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 22 of 30
on: 18/08/2016 | 15:54
@mumso Just a general forum tip for you. When you want to refer to someone by their membername type an at sign '@' then their membername without spaces, like I have with your name at the start of this post, then they'll get an email letting them know you have left a post for them by name, this is called an at-mention, on the full site you even get a popup list of people in the thread so you can just click on their name, this happens when you type the @ sign.

Hope this helps. Take care. Dave.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 23 of 30
by: mumso
on: 21/08/2016 | 04:05
@dtuxcomp Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.
Message 24 of 30
on: 21/08/2016 | 04:09
@paulipat45 Actually, I'm English and have been in Ozland for 11 years. The Aussies are generally ripped off in all sorts of ways and living here has really made me understand that. Thanks for your comment.
Message 25 of 30
on: 21/08/2016 | 04:13
@mark1101b

Thank you for the info.
Message 26 of 30
on: 21/08/2016 | 04:40
@blackfive460 Thank you for the link. I think that you have, in effect, answered my initial enquiry. When I researched my current provider they were very much top of the list but I see that there's another which could be better. However, I liked the way giffgaff operated when I was in the UK and would like the same in Australia. It's obviously not going to happen for a long time. Thanks again for your input.
Message 27 of 30
by: blackfive460
on: 21/08/2016 | 09:27

mumso wrote:

However, I liked the way giffgaff operated when I was in the UK and would like the same in Australia. It's obviously not going to happen for a long time. Thanks again for your input.

No, there's no likelihood of giffgaff spreading outside the UK but there's nothing to stop another operator setting up a network based on the giffgaff crowd sourced model.

You never know...  

Message 28 of 30
by: lgl20
on: 21/08/2016 | 23:10

With brexit now on our doorstep, agreed Giffgaff won't be doing any expanding outside the UK...

Message 29 of 30
Highlighted
on: 23/08/2016 | 23:54
@mumso You are welcome. It's a learning experience getting used to the Giffgaff way of doing things, but once you get the hang of it the forum is a wonderful place to hang out. D.
Message 30 of 30