Knowledge Base
Community

Want to chat about setting up a giffgaff equivalent in Australia. Please direct me to management.

Started by: mumso
On: 09/08/2016 | 23:23
Replies: 29

by: mumso
on: 09/08/2016 | 23:23

Hello.  I used giffgaff whilst on holiday in the UK earlier this year and will use it again when I go back next year.  I live in Australia and wish that a giffgaff operated here!  Please direct me to management so that I can ask them about this.  Australia needs better competition than it has and if giffgaff can operate it would be wonderful and would revolutionise the Australian network.  Thank you

Message 1 of 30
by: farnis
on: 09/08/2016 | 23:28

How much do you know about the mobile phone business? Telecommunications is a very, very complex issue. 

That said, good luck.

Message 3 of 30
on: 09/08/2016 | 23:31

Thank you Adymarsh.  I'll do that.

Message 4 of 30
by: adymarsh
on: 09/08/2016 | 23:35
@mumso
Your welcome! Good luck with your idea. I hope you succeed
with it, Best if luck 😊

Remember to set a best answer
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 5 of 30
on: 09/08/2016 | 23:37

From a practical point of view I don't know anything about telecommunications.  I appreciate that it is complex and can often be dominated by one company.  In Australia Telstra is the big player.  I just think that giffgaff's style of operation for the customer is worth pursuing for Australia.  As I said in my post, it would revolutionise the network over here.  Amaysim is what I use and they are pretty good but, having used giffgiff, I am now a spoilt child!  Thank you for your reply.

Message 6 of 30
by: dtuxcomp
on: 10/08/2016 | 00:30
@mumso What a wonderful post! As it's a help section it's rare to see praise, let alone asking Giffgaff to "invade" another country. I don't think there's an easy way to impliment what you are suggesting but as a start I will "report" your initial post this is not a bad thing so don't worry, but doing so will raise it to an educator / moderators attention. If nothing else I'm sure Giffgaff HQ would love the praise. Thank you. Dave.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 7 of 30
on: 10/08/2016 | 10:01

Hello Dave.  Thank you so much for your reply.  And thank you for "reporting" me.  I'll wait to see what happens.  The reason why I posted on here is that I couldn't see any other way on the website of getting in touch with those "in charge".  I'm fortunate to have been in the position to compare and that's why I thought giffgaff would be good in Australia.  Thanks again for your help.  Christine

Message 8 of 30
on: 10/08/2016 | 21:22
@mumso You are very welcome, that is what the community is here for. I don't expect it will suddenly leap forward into Giffgaff Oz but the feedback is important, that's why another member suggested you post your idea as a suggestion, as these get voted on and those with a lot of votes gain consideration. Good luck and welcome to the network and community. Take care. Dave.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 9 of 30
on: 11/08/2016 | 13:19
@mumso As another way to go about it, maybe contact your local providers in Oz and point them to Giffgaff so they can see how it's done Smiley Happy

I see you mention not being able to directly contact Giffgaff management, there's not an easy or direct way to do that, I believe the is a postal address somewhere and a few times members have posted an email address but these seem to vanish. The way Giffgaff is setup works because the first line of help and advice comes from us members and then account issues get funeled up to agents, while educators moderate the community and drive involvement forward. Quite often we hear complaints from new members who want to be able to pick up the phone and talk to a call centre but having wasted so much cash over the years on hold only to be given the run arround, I much prefer the GG model. It's very rare for a question to go unanswered for long. Dave.
Message 10 of 30