Get Help
Community

What a complete fiasco the giffgaff community is.

Started by: itwashimnotme
On: 26/06/2018 | 15:55
Replies: 18

by: freedmaniac
on: 29/06/2018 | 08:16

@itwashimnotme

For what it's worth, I agree with you in part.

I am extremely unhappy with some of the moderation exhibited by "Educators". Should you dare to make a comment that is not totally warm and fuzzy, they write you a PM in the most patronising terms. As an example, I pointed out to one of them that they were not "educating" me as that job had fallen to my past teachers and lecturers. Some while ago, there were threads which led me to think that the whole Educator scene was being reviewed. Having previously dropped out of the H&S forum as a result, I started to contribute again and all seemed to be going much better until this recent PM, mentioned above.

It is also quite clear to me that this network is not "run by you" as that would not make commercial sense (let's face it, even John Lewis don't give their "partners" totally free rein). It may well draw in a number of new customers (because that's what we really are!), but I hope people don't really think thaty run the show - they may have some contributed ideas adopted for the good of the business, but that is it.

Having said that, i must disagree with you in your use of the term "cowboys"; they are certainly not that because Telefonica is clearly run by a bunch of astute business people. I would also rather that you had not used temrs that need to be replaced by "bleeps" - I never believe that it is necessary to use that type of language.

So, in summary, I hope that you don't decide to go as there are clearly a number of us who must think similarly and it would be a shame to see that number diminish.

Message 11 of 19
by: williamwalker
on: 29/06/2018 | 12:30

Hi @k89bpa

Wow if you've got impaired judgement what chance have the rest of got.😁👍

Message 12 of 19
by: red_dwarf
on: 30/06/2018 | 09:24

freedmaniac wrote:

@itwashimnotme

For what it's worth, I agree with you in part.

I am extremely unhappy with some of the moderation exhibited by "Educators". Should you dare to make a comment that is not totally warm and fuzzy, they write you a PM in the most patronising terms. As an example, I pointed out to one of them that they were not "educating" me as that job had fallen to my past teachers and lecturers. Some while ago, there were threads which led me to think that the whole Educator scene was being reviewed. Having previously dropped out of the H&S forum as a result, I started to contribute again and all seemed to be going much better until this recent PM, mentioned above.

It is also quite clear to me that this network is not "run by you" as that would not make commercial sense (let's face it, even John Lewis don't give their "partners" totally free rein). It may well draw in a number of new customers (because that's what we really are!), but I hope people don't really think thaty run the show - they may have some contributed ideas adopted for the good of the business, but that is it.

Having said that, i must disagree with you in your use of the term "cowboys"; they are certainly not that because Telefonica is clearly run by a bunch of astute business people. I would also rather that you had not used temrs that need to be replaced by "bleeps" - I never believe that it is necessary to use that type of language.

So, in summary, I hope that you don't decide to go as there are clearly a number of us who must think similarly and it would be a shame to see that number diminish.

And therein lies the sensible reply to the original post; as opposed to ‘goodbye’, ‘here’s the door’ and other similar replies. 

Message 13 of 19
by: ma2013
on: 01/07/2018 | 15:50
We do have guidelines and rules and regulations, it's not a complete free for all. Sorry you're not happy. 😔
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 19
by: wizzler
on: 01/07/2018 | 16:10 edited: 01/07/2018 | 19:02

Good Luck with your move!
...And if you ever change your mind...you're always welcome!

If i helped, please click the yellow star on the left of this post. If i answered your question then please Accept as solution.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 19
by: magspider
on: 09/07/2018 | 00:42

ma2013 wrote:

We do have guidelines and rules and regulations, it's not a complete free for all. Sorry you're not happy. 😔

Shame that those rules vary according to who you are.

[ No spiders were harmed in the making of this post ]

Join giffgaff, get £5 free bonus credit
Message 16 of 19
by: lwachtrop
on: 09/07/2018 | 08:10

Giffgaff community a fiasco !!! Have you seen the UK government?

Message 17 of 19
by: the_islander
on: 09/07/2018 | 10:37

magspider wrote:

ma2013 wrote:

Shame that those rules vary according to who you are.

@magspider

I've never seen a sentence sum up the "educating" and "enforcement" of the forums rules so well. Kudos. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
by: k89bpa
on: 09/07/2018 | 12:28

It's not who you are, rather than how giffgaff staff percieve what you do and what your motives for that are which matters. We learned that with the mass banning last year. 

Whether it's still going on or not I don't know and I no longer care if I'm honest, there are more important things to be concerned about than the imaginations of the staff and membership of an internet forum. 

The staff deserve credit for updating the rules to make them clearer, and certainly in my experience they seem to be being applied extremely literally, (which will no doubt cause issues in and of itself - I've muttered in exasperation under my breath because of it), but them doing it that way is far fairer than the interpretation and perception nonsense they've engaged in in the past and I have to say the standard of communication from moderators has definitely become more respectful, direct and age appropriate in my experience, which is very much appreciated and something many other than myself asked for as well. 

I would say that in terms of moderation, they've moved from a 1 out of 10 to an eight out of 10. In fact, in all areas other than agent support and data protection I'd give them an 8 out of ten.

They're improved a lot in 2018, there's a lot of positive momentum.

They work on those two key issues and they can be considered to be a serious provider once again. It is easy to criticize when directly affected in a negative fashion by something but at the same time we should acknowledge the positive steps taken. 

The situation here is certainly much improved from the horrendous state it was in during 2017.

Message 19 of 19