Community

What makes us different?

Started by: aggy_agate
On: 26/11/2018 | 14:35
Replies: 41

by: ray2
on: 01/12/2018 | 09:47 edited: 01/12/2018 | 10:05

Hi @aggy_agate

For me it's about being able to help behind the scenes E.G labs,gameplan,content (although not so much recently due to personal circumstances)  helping to make bits and bobs around the forums a bit better is a good feeling.

My favourite forums are contribute i tend to do a lot of reading there and follow many of the threads hopefully to an end conclusion (although sadly of late there hasn't been much of that)  the gaff is one of my favourite reads on there,i catch up with some things i would of missed Smiley Happy

Announcements is another favourite,seeing new staff posts,the competitions e.g clocks going forwards or back,changes within giffgaff it's self,staff leaving.

I also enjoy the giffgaff share achievments thread,it's allways nice to see members moving up the ladder and the sense of achievment they feel and why not Smiley Happy

Service issue is another forum i like to keep a close eye on,it helps to know if something isn't working and also check if there is an issue that hasn't been reported .

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 31 of 42
by: woodyuk
on: 01/12/2018 | 10:45

One thing that makes giffgaff unique at this time of year is that they always organise and fund Christmas parties for their members.

Message 32 of 42
by: yvonnearmstrong
on: 01/12/2018 | 19:34
@aggy_agate

The best thing for me is the community👍

Before coming to Giffgaff I hadn't been on any forums so was a bit dubious but everyone's been great and hope I've made friends

And since the gaff first came out I think it's great that it's team work put together that members can read
With photo of the week and new members etc.

I just wish I had more time to cover all of the forums

Cheers
Yvonne
Message 33 of 42
by: natty_noo
on: 06/12/2018 | 19:49

@aggy_agate wrote:

@natty_noo wrote:

Maybe i'd have positive things to say if only giffgaff didn't start things that they then don't finish.

@natty_noo thanks for flagging, we were not aware. I'm sorry that nobody got back to you. The quickest way to flag these issues is by reporting to the Educators team. We did not do it on purpose and if something gets missed we truly don't mean it, sometimes it is tricky to keep an eye on everything so we appreciate when you guys reach out to us.  I've now posted a response on the thread https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/General-Discussion/closed-Halloween-on-giffgaff-studio-Get-spooky/... and locked it. I'll also be in touch with you and the other member who posted their entry. 

Incase anyone's interested, that ^ never happened.

10 days and counting from that statement, never mind that the original thread i was talking about was from October.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, especially as giffgaff have a terrible record of banning people that are supposedly "too negative", but here goes nothing....

To ask us for input on anything, not just competitions, but threads like this where giffgaff are basically wanting us to highlight the good points of the network/company/community, just to then be let down time and time again. Especially when they publicly state one thing but completely disregard it, that's getting rather old now.

As stated in my thread about this, i don't want, or need, a prize for joining in, but please (all staff) stop starting threads that you have no intention of seeing through to the end. It's not just rude, it's disheartening.

Message 34 of 42
by: dtuxcomp
on: 07/12/2018 | 01:27

@aggy_agate  Just stumbled across this thread, it's interesting to see the spread of opinions. Personally I love Giffgaff, I came to it following my wallet as it saved me a nice bit of money by having my data and calls/texts on a single smartphone rather than topping a pre-pay phone and an internet dongle each month. Mrs D and myself both have dumb phones on Tesco pre-pay and I can't remember the last time we topped one. So price is what brought me to GG and is why I stay on the network.

The forum and the community is what makes it different though. I first came onto the forum when I first topped up and hit the infamous glitch of losing a few pence before I could buy the goodybag I wanted. I was greeted with warm, helpful and friendly advice that helped me get it sorted and more importantly understand what had gone wrong. From there I was hooked as I explored the rest of the community.

Don't get me wrong there's been bumps in the road, the transition from the old website to the new one was a car crash that many still comment on, let's hope that's not repeated with the move over to the next new one Smiley Happy

Anyway I could babble on but the thing that flagged up how GG is different to me happened in Help ages ago, someone posted in "not English" ( turned out to be Italian I think but it was a while back ) myself and a couple of other members hit up Google translate and had a stab at helping but within 5 minutes there was a response posted in the native language, you don't get that with other networks Smiley Happy

I've even started knocking up tips threads with a view to pointing non Giffgaffers to them as it's better than trying to do it on FB et al Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 35 of 42
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 07/12/2018 | 10:37

@natty_noo wrote:

@aggy_agate wrote:

@natty_noo wrote:

Maybe i'd have positive things to say if only giffgaff didn't start things that they then don't finish.

@natty_noo thanks for flagging, we were not aware. I'm sorry that nobody got back to you. The quickest way to flag these issues is by reporting to the Educators team. We did not do it on purpose and if something gets missed we truly don't mean it, sometimes it is tricky to keep an eye on everything so we appreciate when you guys reach out to us.  I've now posted a response on the thread https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/General-Discussion/closed-Halloween-on-giffgaff-studio-Get-spooky/... and locked it. I'll also be in touch with you and the other member who posted their entry. 

Incase anyone's interested, that ^ never happened.

10 days and counting from that statement, never mind that the original thread i was talking about was from October.

I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, especially as giffgaff have a terrible record of banning people that are supposedly "too negative", but here goes nothing....

To ask us for input on anything, not just competitions, but threads like this where giffgaff are basically wanting us to highlight the good points of the network/company/community, just to then be let down time and time again. Especially when they publicly state one thing but completely disregard it, that's getting rather old now.

As stated in my thread about this, i don't want, or need, a prize for joining in, but please (all staff) stop starting threads that you have no intention of seeing through to the end. It's not just rude, it's disheartening.

@natty_noo can you clarify what never happened, please?

I reached out to every single member including yourself who submitted their photo, added payback to all those accounts, added an explanation to the threads, and closed the competitions. 

You have a PM from me in your inbox that you read.

Message 36 of 42
by: natty_noo
on: 07/12/2018 | 12:37
@aggy_agate

I can assure you that i haven't received a pm from you, there's nothing in my inbox from you regarding this matter so it couldn't possibly have been read by myself. I don't know what's going on your end (tech wise) to think that i could've read something that i most certainly did not receive. I'm not in the habit of lying. I reply to every single pm that i get, ask any of the educators, so i would've definitely replied to you.

If, on the other hand, you're actually talking about a pm you sent (en masse) to the community before this thread was even conceived, which was back in the beginning of October, or before I even posted on this thread on the 26th of November, when you were asking people to get involved with Halloween, then that's obviously completely separate and nothing at all to do with the issue at hand.

I haven't deleted any pm's from before this thread was ever made on the 26th, so i've still got every pm from anyone that's pm'd me since November 21st, you can check or i can send screenshots.

So, to clarify, i've had one pm from yourself about Halloween, (in October, and not about this) and i replied straight away but it was never read. But as i said, it was before any of this ever happened.

Let me stress that i would NEVER have posted the above if i'd received a pm from you, i would've posted the complete opposite of what i said to make sure everyone knew it had been rectified.
Message 37 of 42
Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 11/12/2018 | 10:39 edited: 11/12/2018 | 10:45

@natty_noo wrote:

@aggy_agate

I can assure you that i haven't received a pm from you, there's nothing in my inbox from you regarding this matter so it couldn't possibly have been read by myself. I don't know what's going on your end (tech wise) to think that i could've read something that i most certainly did not receive. I'm not in the habit of lying. I reply to every single pm that i get, ask any of the educators, so i would've definitely replied to you.

If, on the other hand, you're actually talking about a pm you sent (en masse) to the community before this thread was even conceived, which was back in the beginning of October, or before I even posted on this thread on the 26th of November, when you were asking people to get involved with Halloween, then that's obviously completely separate and nothing at all to do with the issue at hand.

I haven't deleted any pm's from before this thread was ever made on the 26th, so i've still got every pm from anyone that's pm'd me since November 21st, you can check or i can send screenshots.

So, to clarify, i've had one pm from yourself about Halloween, (in October, and not about this) and i replied straight away but it was never read. But as i said, it was before any of this ever happened.

Let me stress that i would NEVER have posted the above if i'd received a pm from you, i would've posted the complete opposite of what i said to make sure everyone knew it had been rectified.

@natty_noo I did some digging and looks like some PMs didn't get sent while some did, I apologise for the confusion. I got really confused myself for a second there. The PM I referred to as read was the one sent in October, the subject lines of both PMs were quite similar and I mixed them up thinking it's been read. 

Here's a proof that the PMs were sent out but some members seem not to have received them. On another note, I did add extra payback to everyone so your December payback points won't suffer from this and the extra money will be added.

I am sorry some PMs didn't send, it wasn't done on purpose. 

Proofs:

Payback

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 10.38.36.png

Personal messages

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 10.34.37.png

Message 38 of 42
by: glaswegianeric
on: 11/12/2018 | 11:36

@aggy_agate

On a positive side:

- payback

- one of the very few Pay&Go offerings that support call forwarding to other UK numbers, not just voicemail

- not a bad value for money with goodybags that successfully compete with most contract Sim Only offerings

But then:

- that "members, not customers" and "run by you" gimmick. Possibly tickles a pickle for some, but in reality it's just a cleverly staged marketing, no more, no less. 

- crippled data speeds

- the Always On goodybag that is the crappiest substitute for Unlimited Data offering ever and that is not and never was Always On as users are required to guess how to use it in order not to get banned from re-purchasing it. 

Message 39 of 42
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 11/12/2018 | 16:26

@aggy_agate i saw your thread long ago thought id posted in it turns out i didnt lol

For me personally i love the fact that giffgaff is pay as you go got fed up with increasing contract prices and the flexibility in choosing different goodybags from month to month i tend to stick to the £10 goodybag but i love the knowledge that if in a particular month i need more data for example while on holiday i can choose a different goodybag.  I also really enjoy helping out on the community forums 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 40 of 42