Started by: t_will
On: 06/02/2019 | 17:31
Replies: 44

by: sandramoakley6
on: 10/02/2019 | 11:55
lets think....
4G prommisted faster downloads...no..still on par with 3G
longer battery life...3G phone 2 weeks weeks battery life..4G phone 18 hours
High resalution Video..mmm on a 6 inch screen...dont think anyone will tell the difference
and lastly ..a workable alternative to copper/fibber broadband....lol....for that to happen the same amount of data going to your house must be avalable to evey mast in the uk. ok...that means to feed all data flow nessaery to feed houses to moble masts.
Message 41 of 45
Highlighted
by: sandramoakley6
on: 10/02/2019 | 12:03
the problem is feeding the masts.. of you have 80gig ..well i used 467 gig last month..now lets lose land lines...there are 11500 feed of our local cell tower.. do that tower will need to feed 5175000 gig of data a month .based on a typical tv fiber package...oh..put in 4K users and you come closer to 20 to 30 million gig of data that needs to be sent to ONE cell tower a month
good look with that
Message 42 of 45
by: jaymailsays
on: 18/02/2019 | 12:02
Click to reveal

@t_will wrote:

I got thinking the other day. It seems like we've only just got to the point where 4G is the norm for a lot of people, and 5G is already on people's lips as the new technological leap forward. With 4G internet making an always-connected lifestyle a reality and becoming the backbone of so many people's lives, we'd love to see your predictions for what the next generation of mobile technology will bring.

We're pretty sure that conversations like this are happening in board rooms all up and down the country - people trying to decide for you what this technology should be, how it works, and what you're going to use it for. But we know, of course, that the true nature of any technology isn't decided by those people. It's decided by the people who use it. So, we thought we'd come straight to you.

In a few years, when 5G is the accepted standard, what do you see it being used for?

Hi @t_will, No doubt you are aware that EE have a working 5G Transmitter near St Paul's Cathedral as of last week.

The News item mentioned Vodafone's ambitions but O2 wasn't mentioned at all.

Any idea if and when there is a potential for O2 to test in the Capital in the near future?

I gather there is a 5G phone trade fair in Europe this week so the wider launch can't  be too far off. EE claim their 5G will be ten times faster than existing 4G which to my mind would be pretty much instant.

Any thoughts?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 43 of 45
by: kmichael
on: 18/02/2019 | 13:23

Holograms, hurrray!

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 44 of 45
by: jsmith2009
on: 18/02/2019 | 23:51

Time will tell. Maybe the end of broadband.

Message 45 of 45