Knowledge Base
Community

Why is it that when you try to sell giffgaff to someone

Started by: revomutharock
On: 15/10/2010 | 14:58
Replies: 2

by: revomutharock
on: 15/10/2010 | 14:58

you have to say to them 4p a text and 8p a call per min. It's more of a general query of why do we just say 4p a text instead of 4p for 160 characters like you would do a phone call 8p a call per min. Hope this makes sense Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 3
by: craigmcmanus
on: 15/10/2010 | 15:03 edited: 15/10/2010 | 15:12

I suppose because 'a text' is a quantifiable item in itself: its a fixed amount, while 'a phone call' has no fixed quantity so you have define a way of pricing it, so we have per minute.

If GiffGaff disconnected you at the end of a minute and you had to redial the number to carry on your conversation, then you could say it is 4p per text, 8p per call; but I think I'll just put up with saying call per minute Smiley Happy

"If you do something that creates a problem, its a certainty that doing more of that will solve the problem." - Dr Tiki
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
by: bill
on: 16/10/2010 | 09:52
Technically, if a message is sent that's over 160 characters, it's sent as two or more separate texts, (at 4p each) with hidden joining characters in each, and the recieving phone pieces them together again Smiley Wink
**Did this message help you? Please give it Kudos! Click the blue "Star with a plus" button over on the right. Thanks!
Message 3 of 3