Knowledge Base
Community

[Workshop] What would you use first to get help from giffgaff?

Started by: popcorn3000
On: 15/01/2019 | 13:09
Replies: 31

by: popcorn3000
handy giff-staffer

on: 15/01/2019 | 13:09 edited: 18/01/2019 | 10:48

Hi folks, 

I'm the Scrum Master for the Help team here at giffgaff HQ. The Help team is a new team who will be innovating around the ways our members get help from giffgaff. To help us help you, please can you let us know the following... thanks in advance!

"We're trying to find out the ways that you get help from giffgaff.

What would you use first?

* giffgaff FAQ/knowledge base

* google or other search engine

* giffgaff community

* ask an agent

* social media

* other (please specify)"

Queen of the North, Master of Scrums, Powered by Yorkshire Tea
Message 1 of 32
by: natty88
on: 15/01/2019 | 14:12

' @antonlg personally I would ask the community members as they are very knowledgeable about most issues with settings phones ect 

If need to ask the agents and got there advice i would try it all and if didn't work reply back via the support questions link here http://giffgaff.com/support/questions And explain what's been tried and what's still happening. To see if could get any further assistance with the issues 

And would also keep checks for any further information from the members via my post i made in the help forums 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 32
by: k89bpa
on: 15/01/2019 | 14:15
Google because the website without using Google is an absolute nightmare to use.

Anton and his team have made the knowledge base functional and intuitive, but old habits die hard and the rest of the website is a mess that is difficult to use and not at all intuitive.

If I wanna check something "giffgaff", the first thing I do is head to Google.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 3 of 32
by: giffgaff20147
on: 15/01/2019 | 14:21

@antonlg

First I use knowledge base then help section if knowledge fails 

bonus question 

yes I would try fixes if not already done 

Message 4 of 32
by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 15/01/2019 | 14:31
Thank you for the reply, @k89bpa. We're constantly trying to improve and your answer helps us with some insights.

May I have a further question and ask if you would do the same when you need help with other services/ websites as well? I'm curious if you always do your research or it very depends or how usable is the website.
Message 5 of 32
by: jokeyboi77
on: 15/01/2019 | 14:32
It depends on the issue @antonlg, because if it's account related then it'll be agents first, but if it's your phone or signal or something that's the issue then I'll try and fix it myself, and if that doesn't work I'd search on here for an answer before asking the community.

And yes I'd ask the community first before raising a case, and it would help the agents because you'd let them know what you'd tried and that way the agents know exactly what you've tried and what you haven't for a fix.
Message 6 of 32
community giff-staffer

on: 15/01/2019 | 14:34
Thank you, @natty88! What do you do with other services/websites? I am curious what is determining you to do the research before and when you say decide to contact someone.
Message 7 of 32
by: natty_noo
on: 15/01/2019 | 14:34
I don't use social media, so that's out straight away. I struggle with ask an agent because i find they completely ignore most of what you've asked, and answer what you already know!

I have used the KB, and most of it is useful. But for me, it has to be Google.
Message 8 of 32
community giff-staffer

on: 15/01/2019 | 14:42
Thank you, @giffgaff20147 and @jokeyboi77!

Are you always looking to search for answers on your own before? (I'm curious if it's something you would do for other websites / services).
Message 9 of 32
by: natty88
on: 15/01/2019 | 14:43

' @antonlg I mainly use the knowledge base forum as find many helpful solutions there 

I also would at times use a Google search if can't seem to find the answer or use android central forums for android problems or for I phone would check the Apple forums to see what's suggested I've found both these to be very useful 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 32