Knowledge Base
Community

best answers and kudos

Started by: klaus1968
On: 13/02/2018 | 05:04
Replies: 12

by: klaus1968
on: 13/02/2018 | 05:04
Ice been answering questions lately and I've had some kudos and a best answer but not everyone us giving kudos or best answers and some of the answers giffgaffers have given to me definitely deserve then so please remember to give kudos or a best answer it doesn't take long
Message 1 of 13
by: rickydhariwal
on: 13/02/2018 | 05:11

@klaus1968  Hi

When you've asked a question and a post has answered it to your satisfaction you can set that post as the "Best Answer". This article will show you how to set or remove a post as the Best Answer and where you can do it:

Setting a post as the Best Answer helps the community in a variety of ways:

• The next person who comes along with the same problem as you can find the best answer quickly
  • It lets other people know that your question has been answered - this prevents further answers being supplied unless they significantly add some extra details that might be needed
  • It thanks the poster of the Best Answer for helping you.

Please do not feel tempted to set your own post as a Best Answer unless you really have a fix for the problem which no-one else has mentioned previously.

There's a couple of reasons to give Kudos – it’s good for the community and good for the member who is receiving the Kudos! It helps identify great posts, when you're scanning posts you can see particularly good posts/threads that have a few ‘Kudos’.

Additionally, Kudos act as a way of recognising the time and effort someone has put in and encourages good discussion. The number of Kudos someone received also helps their community ranking.

Message 2 of 13
on: 13/02/2018 | 05:22
Am with you 100% my friend I've seen and read your responses and there good we deserve a little bit more its 5 20am and were helping people not that I mind but it's nice to be shown now and then a bit of appreciation
Message 3 of 13
by: madmax62
on: 13/02/2018 | 05:50
Couldn't agree more thanks for posting it maybe other people will start listening
Message 5 of 13
by: eluminea
on: 13/02/2018 | 08:59
@klaus1968 I think people sometimes just forget to do that.
Message 6 of 13
by: fender1982
on: 13/02/2018 | 12:04

Some members especally on Help and Support are new members they may not be aware of what the best answer or kudos buttons are for they just want help. It maby worth writing at the end of your post if ive helped set as a best answer 😊

Message 7 of 13
by: freedmaniac
on: 13/02/2018 | 12:21

@klaus1968

It is an unfortunate fact of life (well known to people working in Customer Service industries) that people are very quick to have a whinge, but not so quick to offer praise.

If you look at the number of threads that do not have a "Best Answer", you will see that it is a large proportion of total threads.

You may also observe that many people ask a frequently-asked question becasue they cannot be bothered to search existing answers.

In the end, this and the patronising attitude of a number of the staff (often quite new to the job), causes some of us to stop bothering to take part.

Message 8 of 13
on: 13/02/2018 | 12:42
Hi I've been trying to give you best answer winter let me due to JavaScript I will sort it pal just in I will sort it
Message 9 of 13
by: weetinamc
on: 13/02/2018 | 18:51

klaus1968 wrote:

Ice been answering questions lately and I've had some kudos and a best answer but not everyone us giving kudos or best answers and some of the answers giffgaffers have given to me definitely deserve then so please remember to give kudos or a best answer it doesn't take long

nothing changes.its always been the same

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 13