Knowledge Base
Community

changes to allways on data

Started by: train63
On: 12/02/2019 | 16:28
Replies: 7

by: train63
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:28

I have just re joined after leaving three but a whille back thay made some major

changes to there addons one of the things thay did was to add unlimited internet as well as mins and texts for

£35.00 per month whille GGs offer of always on data for £25.00 is a good one it is in danger of being out mached by three

even if GG don.t want to mach three thay might want to thing about incrcing the 20GB limit to 40GB or even 50GB

in order to stay competative.

Message 1 of 8
by: kathleen414
on: 12/02/2019 | 16:32

Hi @train63

Giffgaff do change goodbag and update the packages as they have done recently with the free 1gb data on £10 and above deals but I can say that unlimited will never return to giffgaff .

Maybe bigger gb bags but sadly unlimited is a no no 

Message 2 of 8
by: giffgaff20147
on: 12/02/2019 | 20:34

@train63

Hello giffgaff ended unlimited data in 2015 ,

the always on was increased last year to 20gb at full speed then from 8am to midnight speed is reduced to 384kbps 

prior to that you got 9 gb at full speed then reduced to i think 256kbps 

so it’s unlikly to return to unlimited or even increase it 

they just don’t have enough data to offer unlimited without it slowing other users down ,

giffgaff from the time  I have been here set their own prices without bothering what other networks do ,

its fine as it is 

Message 3 of 8
by: nefarius
on: 12/02/2019 | 21:26

As far as I can see you get unlimited data, on a contract with three, for £20 a month. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 8
by: jolog
on: 12/02/2019 | 22:39
That is a contract though, it will always be cheaper than PAYG or 30 day sim only. That 3 deal is good though, if you live in a good 4g reception area it is feasible to replace your home broadband - it should be quicker than fibre.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
by: timwilliams25
on: 13/02/2019 | 07:09

I am sure giffstaffers are more than aware of what the competition are offering.  You are quite right, there are some cracking deals out there, but they are often short term offers to get people onboard.

For example, at present, Three have a 12 month sim only deal offering unlimited everything for £20 per month.  I am sure this wil go back up in price once they have sold enough sims. giffgaff do not seem to do these promotional sales sim deals, and rightly so in my opinion (otherwise they would have lots of members on different rates for the same product.  

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 7 of 8
by: gvmhb
on: 13/02/2019 | 07:19
I've never liked the always on goodybag so have never bought it.
I agree Giffgaff offers are looking less competitive now and I'm sure they are aware of this themselves.
Maybe goodybags will be revamped again soon Smiley Wink
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 8