Started by: aggy_agate
On: 11/01/2019 | 15:02
Replies: 8

Highlighted
by: aggy_agate
community giff-staffer

on: 11/01/2019 | 15:02 edited: 05/02/2019 | 11:28
Hi folks, 

We are looking for 4-6 members to try out Virtual Reality video games for a fun social video initiative that will be shot next month in London. Each person will have the VR headset on for 30 minutes (2x 15 mins with a break in between) and will be playing a simple, intuitive game. We are particularly looking for members who don't have experience with Virtual Reality and are happy to have some fun with it. Older adults and seniors welcome!  We'll help you with travel and accommodation. And you can even bring a friend/wife/hubby to have more fun. Smiley Happy 

Main details:
Date/time for filming: early to mid-February
Available expenses for members who travel & nights stay if travel from far: we will cover all expenses

Please sign up below and we'll be in touch if you're one of the folks who gets selected. Smiley Happy
It should be a really exciting day and we're really looking forward to having you with us. 
You can also access the sign-up form here

Message 1 of 9
by: munglespoon
on: 11/01/2019 | 15:24
This sounds fun. What will the nature of the video be? Will it be a video watching participants and observing how they experience and respond to the VR headsets?
Message 2 of 9
community giff-staffer

on: 11/01/2019 | 15:32

@munglespoon wrote:

This sounds fun. What will the nature of the video be? Will it be a video watching participants and observing how they experience and respond to the VR headsets?

It should be really fun indeed. Smiley Happy

Yes, we want to capture emotions, reactions, how participants interact with VR.  We had something similar set up at the office for a day to try out and people loved it. 

Message 3 of 9
by: kathleen414
on: 11/01/2019 | 17:43

Hiya Aggy @aggy_agate

What a fab fun idea , do we have any idea of when exactly this will be taking place ?

Message 4 of 9
community giff-staffer

on: 11/01/2019 | 17:51

@kathleen414 wrote:

Hiya Aggy @aggy_agate

What a fab fun idea , do we have any idea of when exactly this will be taking place ?

@kathleen414 glad you like the idea. Smiley Happy 

It hasn't been approved just yet but we know it's early Feb - mid Feb. I'll communicate this with you guys as soon as I know. 

Sign up either way, if you know you have some dates when you're unavailable just specify on the form. Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 9
by: kmichael
on: 12/01/2019 | 20:29

@aggy_agate  I completed the form as I have no experience with using VR at all.

Depending on the combination of dates/time, I maybe available; I just replied "Yes".

Just let us know the details when you know and then I'll be able to confirm dates & times.

Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit
Message 6 of 9
by: harrrrrry
on: 16/01/2019 | 09:05

@aggy_agate

Is this video just for internal use, or would it be published?

I'm in London and happy to help (subject to availability on the chosen dates), but wouldn't want to be in a public video.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 9
community giff-staffer

on: 17/01/2019 | 11:04

@harrrrrry wrote:

@aggy_agate

Is this video just for internal use, or would it be published?

I'm in London and happy to help (subject to availability on the chosen dates), but wouldn't want to be in a public video.

@harrrrrry it will be for public also. It will be a similar concept to this one https://www.facebook.com/giffgaffmobile/videos/806873546318835/ but obviously different subject and instead of filming people in their natural environment we'll be introducing them to something completely new to them and seeing how they interact. Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 9
by: bobrobinson
on: 17/01/2019 | 11:39

Hiya Guya.

I wont be able to put my name down as im not sure about the dates  ( family upset )

But im sure who ever goes will have a fun time.

The giffgaff staff  realy know how to put on an avent and you will be made so welcome by them all.

So who ever goes .Have a great time ( im sure you will )

All the best BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 9