Knowledge Base
Community

duplicate ideas in labs

Started by: various_mm
On: 09/06/2018 | 14:58
Replies: 20
Reply

by: various_mm
on: 09/06/2018 | 14:58

The labs section was improved recently, with a validation process at the start to make sure any duplicate ideas were stopped from being put forward.

 

However, noticed in the new ideas, duplicate ideas are seeming to still be slipping through.


If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 1 of 21
by: persco
on: 09/06/2018 | 15:05

Yes you are right they are now going through ideas to avoid duplicates but I still expect a tiny amount to go through. It’s a huge task and least or no algorithm to figure this out but so far so good in my opinion. Remember how you see one idea as a duplicate may not be how another member sees it unless it is nearly verbatim 

 

They need our help in this as well. If you see any you think are duplicates, report and the team will look into it. There will definitely be those that slip through. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 21
by: gizzblue
on: 09/06/2018 | 17:02

Imho quite a few must still ignore the ...Whoa there does this week familiar notice .

 

Quite often see duplicates but quite a few posters already tell those responsible too ....so see it changing any time soon tbh.

 

 

 

Message 3 of 21
by: various_mm
on: 09/06/2018 | 21:23

persco wrote:

Yes you are right they are now going through ideas to avoid duplicates but I still expect a tiny amount to go through. It’s a huge task and least or no algorithm to figure this out but so far so good in my opinion. Remember how you see one idea as a duplicate may not be how another member sees it unless it is nearly verbatim 

 

They need our help in this as well. If you see any you think are duplicates, report and the team will look into it. There will definitely be those that slip through. 

@persco

 

thought each ideas was being checked out manually?

 

 


If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 4 of 21
by: persco
on: 09/06/2018 | 21:59

Yes. That’s why it’s a huge task and some will definitely slip through. Plus like I said some duplicates are not straight forward duplicates and subject to interpretation. 

 

One would argue for eg someone asking for increase data in £5 should be applied to all increases on all the Goodybags bar the Always On and that all those different increase request are duplicates of one idea. One could argue they are all different ideas if someone said eg increase the data on £5 by 500mb, 600mb etc . Some are straight forward but others are subject to interpretation by whoever is merging them. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 21
by: freedmaniac
on: 10/06/2018 | 09:11

@persco

 

Despite the fact that it may be difficult to spot the duplicates on all occasions, there are one or two people on that forum who do seem to manage - and I don't think that they are GG staff either!

Message 6 of 21
by: persco
on: 10/06/2018 | 09:14 edited: 10/06/2018 | 09:25

freedmaniac wrote:

@persco

 

Despite the fact that it may be difficult to spot the duplicates on all occasions, there are one or two people on that forum who do seem to manage - and I don't think that they are GG staff either!

Yes I have noticed that @freedmaniac but I have checked a few of those, and like I said, subject to interpretation on what is a duplicate 

 

For instance this one https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16711183/rapid-sim-disablement-for-fraud-prevention

 

Would you say they are all duplicates to the OP in terms of premise and objective? I don’t As there are variations. Yes maybe two similar ones but others are so wide off the mark that in my opinion shouldn’t have even been quoted as part of the dupes

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 21
by: sciencerocket_itisnt
on: 10/06/2018 | 09:34

persco wrote:

freedmaniac wrote:

@persco

 

Despite the fact that it may be difficult to spot the duplicates on all occasions, there are one or two people on that forum who do seem to manage - and I don't think that they are GG staff either!

Yes I have noticed that @freedmaniac but I have checked a few of those, and like I said, subject to interpretation on what is a duplicate 

 

For instance this one https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16711183/rapid-sim-disablement-for-fraud-prevention

 

Would you say they are all duplicates to the OP in terms of premise and objective? I don’t As there are variations. Yes maybe two similar ones but others are so wide off the mark that in my opinion shouldn’t have even been quoted as part of the dupes

Where has it been said that they are duplicates?

Message 8 of 21
by: persco
on: 10/06/2018 | 09:38

I will let @various_mm and @freedmaniac answer that if it isn’t what we are discussing here? 

 

Apologies if that isnt @sciencerocket_itisnt

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 21
by: persco
on: 10/06/2018 | 09:41

And may I ask why the links if it isn’t because they are duplicates @sciencerocket_itisnt 

 

If it isnt, then maybe in future add a few notes to why. You usually do. Maybe I picked on the wrong example but I have always believed those links are because there are already duplicates? Could be wrong and if so am sorry. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 21