Knowledge Base
Community

giffgaff Halloween 2018 campaign - cancelled

Started by: geu42
On: 19/10/2018 | 12:21
Replies: 36

by: k89bpa
on: 20/10/2018 | 02:56
Having just caught up I strongly support the focus group idea moving forward and strongly suggest that the reverend's comments especially are heeded when forming said focus group to avoid future disasters.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 21 of 37
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 20/10/2018 | 09:29

@revjonty wrote:

I didn't see the advert, but I have read through the announcement thread.
Same old same old. All the usual people heaping praise whilst slapping each other on the back with kudo.

Having this community could be a really useful resource for giffgaff. A focus group for feedback. Except the way the community seems to have been moulded, that feedback is worse than useless. It's actively damaging.

Unfortunately voices that criticise are drowned out, told off for being negative etc. to the point that they no longer bother, & the voices which give no thought for anything other than "if I heap on the praise I'll get payback" have become the dominant force.

It's symptomatic of a much bigger problem on this community which there seems to be no will to address.

Perhaps it's time for giffgaff to realise that payback doesn't just have a financial cost...

Message 23 of 37
by: alanjury
on: 20/10/2018 | 09:42

@revjonty wrote:

Unfortunately voices that criticise are drowned out, told off for being negative etc. to the point that they no longer bother, & the voices which give no thought for anything other than "if I heap on the praise I'll get payback" have become the dominant force.

It's symptomatic of a much bigger problem on this community which there seems to be no will to address.

Sadly true. Perhaps the whole ‘payback’ system needs to be re-thought.

Message 25 of 37
by: bighairytoe
on: 20/10/2018 | 17:44

Who in the right mind thinks of some of gg advert content....I can understand they want to shock but every time they go beyond decency and morals....first we had a mum and dad at it in the bathroom when there son walks in and subsequently was took to the ASA for it to be pulled and now this disgusting Halloween themed advert which reminded many about the awful baby p story line...I do hope this goes to the ASA too.... should the ASA ban a company full stop when they repeatedly go beyond decency morals and tastes? This again is another big huge mess brought on about cheap crass advertising. Gg should have learnt from it's lessons with the mum and dad at it advert but clearly not

Message 26 of 37
by: woodyuk
on: 20/10/2018 | 20:38

@revjonty & @k89bpa there's already a focus group of sorts in the pipeline but just how far giffgaff will stretch the remit of the group is anybody's guess:-

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-The-Panel/td-p/22454059

Message 28 of 37
by: persco
on: 21/10/2018 | 09:55

That was truly awful campaign. I don’t think they meant any malice with their explanations after they pulled out. 

What concerns me me is why non of the actors/actresses never thought this didn’t sound right to then prompt the producers. Maybe some did but it doesn’t only hurt giffgaff but those who partook in it as well. 

Was brave on giffgaff to pull and acknowledge they got it wrong though. 

The next payback rounds, I hope they do something for charitable groups in the adoption field. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 29 of 37
by: pault1974
on: 21/10/2018 | 09:57

Some people at giffgaff and whatever advertising/media company they use need to sit down and have a very long hard look at themselves if they thought those ads were acceptable.

Message 30 of 37