Knowledge Base
Community

giffgaff Widget For Mac OS X

Started by: xmob
On: 15/11/2010 | 13:42
Replies: 11

by: xmob
on: 15/11/2010 | 13:42

Some of you may have seen my earlier post regarding this.

I've now made it available for general release.

The widget can be used to check your account balance and current goodybag.  It also shows the latest blog posts, forum posts and ideas.

The widget can be downloaded from:

http://www.xmob.co.uk/downloads/widgets/giffgaff_widget_current.zip

Mac OS X v.10.4.3 or newer is required. If you're using Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, the widget installer appears. Click Install if you want the widget installed on your Mac. If you're using a browser other than Safari, click the download link. When the widget download is complete, unarchive and open it to show the widget installer.

Those who took part in the beta should update to the version linked above.

I will continue to work on this and add fixes/improvements where necessary.  Feedback is welcomed.

Message 1 of 12
by: da1000
on: 15/11/2010 | 13:51

Brilliant job dude kudos added Smiley Wink

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 12
by: petext200
on: 15/11/2010 | 14:43
YES! I love mac and I love this!!! Thank you so much Smiley Very Happy XD
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 12
Highlighted
by: alastairweller
on: 15/11/2010 | 17:44
Looks great. A confusing bit was that I got my password incorrect the first time but after correcting it I kept getting a message saying it was incorrect; after resetting my password via giffgaff.com and then trying again and seeing the same I thought it was a bug, but I waited a few moments and it then updated.
Maybe once changing the credentials the message could change to authenticating or something suitable to prevent confusion.
Message 4 of 12
by: xmob
on: 15/11/2010 | 18:12

Yes.  It's very rare that this happens and is due to delays at the giffgaff end.  The next version will show a notification to clear up this confusion.

Thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 12
by: alienmind
on: 15/11/2010 | 18:57

absolutely great! between this and the iphone app, my apple needs are met...

Message 6 of 12
by: johnboywallace
on: 01/02/2011 | 00:28

Is there a possibility of the widget showing which goodybag you currently have active?

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 12
by: frazerclark
on: 01/02/2011 | 10:15

Downloading now!

If my post helped, please click the Yellow star below my username. If my post answered your question and it's now sorted, click 'Accept as Solution', this way it will prevent any more duplicate answers from being posted.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 12
by: adda_100
on: 10/06/2011 | 17:20

Do you know if there is any other way to get hold of this? I have been looking for another way to find out credit etc. and this came up in the search, however, doesn't seem like a very old topic. 

Message 9 of 12
by: stuartclvernon
on: 25/07/2011 | 15:39

download link broken Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 12