Community

independent verification of the system and processes

Started by: various_mm
On: 12/07/2018 | 20:14
Replies: 14

by: various_mm
on: 12/07/2018 | 20:14

serious question

is there an independent verification of the system and processes used by giffgaff to charge for data/calls  etc

what checks does GG do to make sure its system are blilling people correctly

any one know?

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 1 of 15
by: williamwalker
on: 12/07/2018 | 20:58

Hi @various_mm

Actually I don't think even giffgaff know.

Well we certainly give that impression.😁

Message 2 of 15
on: 13/07/2018 | 14:46
@smiffyds

honestly serious question!

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 4 of 15
on: 13/07/2018 | 14:47

williamwalker wrote:

Hi @various_mm

Actually I don't think even giffgaff know.

Well we certainly give that impression.😁

@williamwalker

any system of charging has to have some degree of cnfidence by the consumer

Message 5 of 15
by: richardski
on: 15/07/2018 | 09:52
Full disclosure of billing and data charging by giffgaff are long overdue.

Richard

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 15
on: 19/07/2018 | 19:29
@richardski

defo agreed

no one at Giffgaff has said anything even though the idea to get itemised billing has had so many votes, and GG still looking into it?

Message 7 of 15
by: the_islander
on: 20/07/2018 | 08:17
@various_mm itemised billing has been talked about for so long its worth just giving up on.

There were beta testers for it 4/5 years ago! And it's still no closer to being rolled out, at least from the looks of it.

How giffgaff have managed to side skirt itemised billing for so long, God only knows. But I woundnt go holding my breath for a big announcement any time soon.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 15
on: 20/07/2018 | 09:11

the_islander wrote:

@various_mm itemised billing has been talked about for so long its worth just giving up on.

There were beta testers for it 4/5 years ago! And it's still no closer to being rolled out, at least from the looks of it.

How giffgaff have managed to side skirt itemised billing for so long, God only knows. But I woundnt go holding my breath for a big announcement any time soon.

@the_islander

which other company would you pay your money to but not get a chnace to see itemised bllling?

its basic consumer logic. you pay something to get a service, and you have a right to get a breakdown of the charges you have got.

GG may not be selling contracts, but the fact that you can recur a goodybag or set up auto top ups means that there is clear need for consumers to get confidence in knowing that they can get a breakdown of the charges.

you are right. i have no idea why its taking this long for itemised billing. if GG can't do it theny they just need to let us know.

Message 9 of 15
by: williamwalker
on: 22/07/2018 | 12:17

Hi @various_mm

Let's face it the can do itemised billing.

They just don't want  to and don't forget they can make £10.00 if you request it.

Not a great Motivator to give it away for free.😡

Message 10 of 15