Knowledge Base
Community

itemised billing- come on GG when will we have that?

Started by: various_mm
On: 10/12/2017 | 12:43
Replies: 32

Highlighted
by: various_mm
on: 10/12/2017 | 12:43 edited: 10/12/2017 | 12:44

I have been with GG for a number of years. There has always been a request and a lot of demand from members about having itemised billing. There is even an idea in the labs that has had so many votes and has been there for so many years, yet we have not seen any progress on when we can get this.

Clearly having itemised billing gives transparency that for a network that calls itself working and run by members should have had in place!

If GG wants to target people who to recur goodbags, and run effectively like a pay monthly services (with customers not locked in to long term contracts) then having itemised billing offer is critical.

Come on GG when will you give us the itemised billing that is so much wanted by members?

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 1 of 33
by: isabel1066
on: 10/12/2017 | 13:55
I have itemised billing on other networks pay as you go and to be honest I may have had a look at my usage maybe a couple of times in years to me it's not needed.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 33
by: jaycat
on: 10/12/2017 | 17:27

I'd find itemised billing useful actually (although my other sim which is on 3's 321 also doesn't have it).

Message 3 of 33
by: jesi23
on: 10/12/2017 | 19:20 edited: 12/12/2017 | 13:39
Click to reveal

various_mm wrote:

I have been with GG for a number of years. There has always been a request and a lot of demand from members about having itemised billing. There is even an idea in the labs that has had so many votes and has been there for so many years, yet we have not seen any progress on when we can get this.

Clearly having itemised billing gives transparency that for a network that calls itself working and run by members should have had in place!

If GG wants to target people who to recur goodbags, and run effectively like a pay monthly services (with customers not locked in to long term contracts) then having itemised billing offer is critical.

Come on GG when will you give us the itemised billing that is so much wanted by members?

various_mm When I was on monthly contract with EE (formerly One2one/then T-Mobile), EE charged extra each month for itemised billing - in fact for paper billing at all, despite my requiring a LARGE PRINT version - and that was for a contract.

Are you prepared to pay extra for itemised billing?

Although itemised billing could be useful, it is increasingly an ‘extra’ even with contracts, so it is the money which talks. It IS one of the topics Amer is going to bring up at Giffgaff Towers at the special ideas meeting on Monday, however, so there might be movement at some point.

Here is the link to the thread about the meeting on Monday - it’s in the Labs Discussion Group, so you might need to join it to read the thread: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Labs-Discussion/Fancy-having-your-say-in-how-giffgaff-should-be-in... 

sorry - looks like the session was cancelled due to bad weather - Amer let us know … no news about rescheduling yet

Edited to add link to thread in Labs Discussion Group; edited 12/12/2017 to add detail about cancelled meeting 

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 4 of 33
on: 10/12/2017 | 19:58
@isabel1066

yes, not needed for you but lots of people think they need it. thank you for your feedback

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 5 of 33
on: 10/12/2017 | 20:00
having a itemised billing is basic transparency. you pay for something so you should have an itemised bill

just like if we get invoiced, we have the right to itemised costs that make up the bill

Message 6 of 33
by: bill48er
on: 10/12/2017 | 21:53

Actually giffgaff members "paid" to have itemised billing a few years back (can't actually remember when)*.

What we got was the half-a--sed attempt that you see in your account dashboard.

About as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

*Following a major network outage all members were offered a compensation payment.

There was a vote which resulted in a lot of members wanting the refund to be used to develop an itemised billing system.

We're still waiting. Smiley Sad

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 7 of 33
by: finlaym28
on: 11/12/2017 | 00:14
Shouldn't be too much of an ask nowadays - they have the details anyway to charge your account.
Message 8 of 33
by: k89bpa
on: 11/12/2017 | 06:36
@jesi23

I think you've been misled, fully itemized billing comes as standard with contracts as it always has done, the only difference between now and twenty years ago is that instead of receiving them by post you receive them online, (you can pay for paper copies but it's not obligatory).

I'm yet to see a contract which does not have fully itemized billing.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 9 of 33
by: allan1954
on: 11/12/2017 | 09:02
I am not bothered at all on seeing itemised billing on giffgaff.i know when I buy a goodybag and when I spend airtime credit for me no need to see this online.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 33