Knowledge Base
Community

itemised billing- come on GG when will we have that?

Started by: various_mm
On: 10/12/2017 | 12:43
Replies: 32

by: garyjroberts
on: 13/12/2017 | 10:24
The Tower of London wasn't built as a tourist attraction
Message 21 of 33
on: 13/12/2017 | 10:27
Over 3000 votes does seem alot, however take into account a report in 2015 estimated giffgaff now has over a million subscribers. Obviously this is a few years old but 3000 is a drop in the ocean against the people who haven't seen the need to vote for itemised billing. Also is there a vote against itemised billing for comparison?
Message 22 of 33
by: harrrrrry
on: 13/12/2017 | 10:56

@garyjroberts

The Tower of London wasn't built as a tourist attraction

Likewise, itemised billing is not intended to be a tourist attraction. It is intended to be a properly thought out replacement for the present "5 items" chocolate teapot that is already two days obsolete and no good whatsoever to anybody making more than 5 transactions in a day.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 23 of 33
by: ip633
on: 13/12/2017 | 11:08

garyjroberts wrote:

Over 3000 votes does seem alot, however take into account a report in 2015 estimated giffgaff now has over a million subscribers. Obviously this is a few years old but 3000 is a drop in the ocean against the people who haven't seen the need to vote for itemised billing. Also is there a vote against itemised billing for comparison?

If you visit Labs you'll notice that there's an option to downvote a proposal. So yes, once a proposal is up for consideration, giffgaff are able to take into account all of the discussion that's taken place, in order to weigh up any pros and cons that may have been identified, and thus allowing them to take a balanced view of the overall support compared with any objections that have been raised (even if people haven't left a comment).

But if you look at the kind of support that many ideas attract before being implemented, you'll appreciate how significant 3000 votes actually is, in terms of identifying what is considered important to the community.

https://labs.giffgaff.com/browse/halloffame

Message 24 of 33
on: 13/12/2017 | 11:35
Excellent I will admit I haven't spent much time in the labs section yet and was a little lazy in asking rather than looking so thanks for the answer!

Yes I agree 3000 is alot in that sense and I'm not downplaying the amount of people that fo want it. However even 3000 in the scope of the community is not alot in the wider giffgaff user base. I suppose it's on the same par as the surveys that are commonly used in the papers where they repost x percentage of people will eat 4 brussel sprouts this year. Not everyone in the UK has been asked about their brussel sprout comsumption but they ask a smaller group and extrapolate the data from there. In that sense yes there does seem a demand within the community pages. However again the wider amount of giffgaff users don't deem it necessary to register their need for itemised billing. Obviously I appreciate some people have a need or want for it, personally it's not important to me and the only reason I would register a vote is if there's a financial implication on my usage
Message 25 of 33
by: allan1954
on: 13/12/2017 | 11:53 edited: 13/12/2017 | 12:19

https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/4721 take all the votes off for them going on about data rollover and a lot fewer votes to count.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 26 of 33
on: 13/12/2017 | 12:42 edited: 13/12/2017 | 14:32

But your statement was that because 99% of people hadn't visited the Tower of London as a tourist attraction this year it shouldn't of been built. The original post stated that in their opinion 99% of giffgaffers wouldn't use itemised billing.

The argument for itemised billing is that people would use it, whereas the Tower of London wasn't built to be a tourist attraction so that wouldn't of factored in the argument for it being built?

Message 27 of 33
by: clinteastwood43
on: 07/01/2018 | 20:35

Hey @various_mm & everybody Smiley Happy

Good evening Smiley Happy

I agree itemised billing would be a really great

thing as I like a lot of giffgaffers would like to 

have a proper record of my usage .

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 28 of 33
by: ungourin
on: 07/01/2018 | 23:53
Its not that important , I don't think
Message 29 of 33
by: zahra_javid
on: 08/01/2018 | 02:55

This is needed very much 

I mean charging members £10 for itemised billing is a bit much.

The idea was suggested in 2010 and i have been a member since 2011, its now 2018 still no itemised billing.  If giffgaff is a network run by members for members then why are giffgaff not listening to its members

For myself and many other members the following things are important

Itemised billing 

Being able to change username

Better goodybag with more minutes and data

Better data speeds

Message 30 of 33