Knowledge Base
Community

@mentions

Started by: nefarius
On: 11/10/2018 | 21:41
Replies: 15

by: nefarius
on: 12/10/2018 | 10:42

I have absorbed what you say @extreme_one and it makes no sense but you are correct Smiley Very Happy

However, isn't the member at the top of the list the OP? 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 16
by: mcilwraith
on: 12/10/2018 | 11:04 edited: 12/10/2018 | 11:07

@nefarius wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that not all participants on a thread are in the @mention list?

Hopefully it will happen on this thread so I can screenshot it.

Is it browser specific ie: does it happen on Chrome but not Firefox? 

never seen it any different

the post you reply to will be at the top @nefarius if its not the op then it will be the next one down

the op that is

Message 12 of 16
by: bobrobinson
on: 12/10/2018 | 12:37

@nefarius

If the person is not on the mentions box click the @ then write a couple of letters and the name should apere on the list. You then click the name and it will show on the page.

Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 16
Highlighted
by: kate1028
on: 12/10/2018 | 13:37

I don't remember it being any different in the 2 years I've been here.   I use Chrome and Firefox, and Dolphin on my phone and they're all the same.   As others have said, if the name is not there, just start typing it and it will come up.   My only occasional difficulty is if I can't remember exactly how to spell the name and there are several similar ones.  I've had to go back and check, then start again, rather than risk mentioning the wrong person.   Doesn't happen often though, so no great problem ! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 12/10/2018 | 18:35

@nefarius yeah i noticed that too.  Its been like that for as long as i can remember but its veey frusting especially when u try and quote someone.  I wish every name that posted in a thread popped up it would make things easier.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 15 of 16
by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/10/2018 | 23:06
I've always known it to be just 5 names, first one is the member who wrote the post you hit reply on and the others are the most recent posters I think. Shame we don't have an option to change the number from 5, in long standing threads 10 would be a better number.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 16 of 16