Knowledge Base
Community

pop up surveys

Started by: ukchattyman
On: 04/09/2015 | 18:41
Replies: 11

by: ukchattyman
on: 04/09/2015 | 18:41
I had to ask the community if these pop up surveys are real or viruses that you get else where asking for your details.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/pop-up-surveys/m-p/17242946#M5757332

I thought they where viruses and not real and think many will think the same all of a sudden on mobile forum a message pops up asking for information couldn't there be a better way to do this survey thing than pop up messages which looks like dodgy pop ups elsewhere on internet maybe by email or private message??
Message 1 of 12
by: mcilwraith
on: 04/09/2015 | 18:59

i had one earlier.never even looked at it just took it away.normally we get an email inviting us to take a survey

Message 2 of 12
by: gordie10
on: 04/09/2015 | 19:06

Does anyone actually answer these pop-up surveys? On any web site, I mean. I know I don't. I'd rather just get on with what I'm trying to do - these surveys just get in my way. Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 12
by: harrrrrry
on: 04/09/2015 | 19:26

I'm more likely to answer a survey if they get an email invite that remains valid for maybe a week. But when the choice is "answer it now, or not at all" I'll usually just get annoyed for distracting me and close the window.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 12
by: terran_federation
on: 04/09/2015 | 22:05
I hate these pop up surveys. I've had a couple when using this site on my PC and I usually leave any site immediately if I get hassled to complete a survey when I'm looking at a website - it puts me off looking and gives a bad impression. Giffgaff please take note!

The worse network website at the moment by far is Three's website. It asks if you want help then after several minimises it still keeps popping up.

Pop up surveys and such things might as well say "we don't want you to look at our website, we want you to spend several minutes telling us what you think of our website without giving you a chance to look around". #LostCustom
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 5 of 12
by: kimchi
on: 05/09/2015 | 04:31
That popup survey keeps appearing whenever I click anything in help even AFTER ive completed the survey TWICE!
Its darn irritating!
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 12
by: hevarrrrr
on: 05/09/2015 | 07:16
i just completed it. it then popped up again when i went back to help and support. also on mobile after it sats thanks there is no way to exit! (without pressing home) which is annoying.

the other thing is there was no freeform at the end or no comment type answer so it could be biased towards the infornation they want.

i suppose the biggest problem with an email survey is not everyone will have the time to complete.
Message 7 of 12
by: klmwong
on: 05/09/2015 | 08:26

I don';t usually complete the pop up surveys. Not keen on dishing out my info to everyone and I already get enough junk email already just from shops I have ordered from. 

I have a friend who does complete everything in the hope that she wins something. She does every now and then.

Message 8 of 12
by: davidevans0000
on: 05/09/2015 | 10:19
the pop ups from giffgaff i have done the odd one.the other times i just click no thanks.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 12