Knowledge Base
Community

profile / count of ideas posted

Started by: tradertall
On: 16/09/2015 | 21:50
Replies: 16

by: kimchi
on: 16/09/2015 | 22:51
It doesn't show because the new labs is seperate from the giffgaff platform.
When it shows the ideas in your profile, it referring to the old ideas archive that is no longer running
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 17
by: phillsibson
on: 17/09/2015 | 02:10

i_am_sy wrote:

The sensible thing for giffgaff to do is to disable the counter as it isn't going to be correct anymore.

Or...

They could return the old Ideas Lab forum and get lithium to do the work on it that would bring us an Ideas platform that :-

a) works

b) conforms to the sites established look and feel / ui - rather than whatever 'that' is on

the new platform.

c) integrates properly with the rest of the site.

Failing that, they could do the work on the new platform - including whatever is needed to prevent the spam posts we had last week and proper integration with the rest of the site, not forgetting have someone who knows what they are doing take a look at the ui. 

Message 12 of 17
by: i_am_sy
on: 17/09/2015 | 08:34
@phillsibson

Vast amounts of money spent on the new platform with the devs still under contract means that's never going to happen.
Message 13 of 17
by: chand311
on: 17/09/2015 | 09:46
Hmm it's bit annoying! @tradertall might be some system update issue.
Message 14 of 17
by: cps15966
on: 17/09/2015 | 10:16

i_am_sy wrote:

Hi this count is for ideas posted on the old ideas board within the community. The new ideas (Labs) platform is completely separate therfor the count does not include those ideas.

The sensible thing for giffgaff to do is to disable the counter as it isn't going to be correct anymore.

Probably, yes, that's the best solution Si Smiley Happy

Be nice if giffgaff just completely took it off if it's pointless rather than leaving it to members to do it.

I know it is only a small thing but there are loads of 'only small things' on the site.

Things like not having Labs as a direct link with the rest of the forums (causing confusion and people not knowing how to post an idea because it is the only thing without a direct link), banners showing the old SIM on the picture, or this with the 'ideas posted' count.

It would be nice if someone at gg gave things a bit deeper thinking for when something is changed and think about which other parts of the site changes affect.....

Anyhooooooo ......

cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 15 of 17
Highlighted
by: phillsibson
on: 17/09/2015 | 14:21

@i_am_sy that gives me a sinking feelingSmiley Sad 

Still, on the bright side, at least they are there to finish the thing.

Of course, it'll need whoever specified the ui to concede they were wrong before they can get it to a state where people can use it with the same ease they could in the old Ideas Forum (and still can in Contribute).

Message 17 of 17