Community

quartely top up

Started by: davebox35
On: 11/09/2018 | 12:19
Replies: 25

Go to best answer
by: davebox35
on: 11/09/2018 | 12:19

Hi all I was thinking of leaving due to the price hike on unlimited goody bag but what do members think of a quarterly auto top up option to allow members to stay for £20 per 12months still talk to other members still have the £5 goody bag every quarter still keep my number ?

Message 1 of 26
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: inspiron42
on: 12/09/2018 | 08:22
A £5 goodybag every three months is a good introduction to the service, especially for children or low users. Giffgaff will benefit as these users convert to a more regular goodybag. When the children get part time jobs for example.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 26
by: isabel1066
on: 11/09/2018 | 12:37
its a no for me.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 26
by: 4128334
on: 11/09/2018 | 15:32
@davebox35
Good Afternoon,
Sorry it's a No from me.
I like the flexibility of the system as it is, I do not want to be committed to any form of contract.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 26
by: bobrobinson
on: 11/09/2018 | 16:44

Hiya @davebox35

Im sorry but thats not for me either.

I love the monthly option to choose what bag i want to buy.

When im on holiday i downgrade my bag as i only use it in emergencys .Yep im on holiday away from my phone as much as possible.

Love the monthly choice. ( sorry )

BobSmiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 26
by: kath72
on: 11/09/2018 | 16:44
If I understand you correctly you want a system that will automatically buy you a £5 bag every 3 months which sounds like you would then allow to expire mostly unused but would enable you to keep free gg calls!

Interesting idea! Keep an active sim and number and free network calls for £20 a year!

I suspect that’s not too attractive to gg’s bottom line or they would let us just do a £5 airtime credit top up, which would be far more useful to the user

Message 5 of 26
by: freedmaniac
on: 11/09/2018 | 18:48

@davebox35

I do not think that this is a good idea.

If a high proportion of members did that, the company would be losing considerable income; let's face it - they are there to make money and this idea certainly wouldn't !

Message 6 of 26
by: davebox35
on: 11/09/2018 | 22:16

Allow me to rephrase my question -Hi all I was thinking of Leaving due to the price hike on unlimited goody bag but what do members think of a quarterly auto top up Option to allow members to stay for £20 per 12months still talk to other members still have the £5 goody bag every quarter still keep my number ? this option would be selectable in the auto top up section without interfearing with any other options that are curently available so this would make sense and it would make money for the opperator as it will keep customers and help those on a tight buget to keep there number active it could even be advertised as the cheepest way into mobile usage for children of parents on a tight budget thus gaining more customers and there parents-grandparents and wider familyI think this idea has real potential to explode the market  get behind this idea make it happen 

Regards Dave

Message 7 of 26
by: ujo55
on: 11/09/2018 | 23:16
Am I missing something here.
Isn't this exactly what you get now if you purchase the £5 goodybag every 3 months?
I don't understand why it needs changing by having this as a recurring selection when the present arrangement gives more flexibility.
Message 8 of 26
Highlighted
by: inspiron42
on: 12/09/2018 | 08:22
A £5 goodybag every three months is a good introduction to the service, especially for children or low users. Giffgaff will benefit as these users convert to a more regular goodybag. When the children get part time jobs for example.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 26
by: davidevans0000
on: 12/09/2018 | 09:37
giffgaff won't go for this
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 26