Knowledge Base
Community

sim cards ordered from my banner.

Started by: davidevans0000
On: 12/08/2018 | 08:53
Replies: 18

by: isabel1066
on: 12/08/2018 | 17:59
@davidevans0000 just had a look in my recruits I have 7 not activated can't understand why people do it.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 19
by: giffgaff20147
on: 12/08/2018 | 18:55

@davidevans0000

Same with us never get activated so I wonder if it’s just for sim swop or some find out it’s all online and bin them either way terrible waste 

Message 12 of 19
by: harrrrrry
on: 12/08/2018 | 21:08 edited: 12/08/2018 | 21:13

@davidevans0000

4 people have ordered sim cards over the last few months and not one has been activated

I suspect that's partly due to incomplete information being given in the promotional material.

They're frequenly advertised to imply that a free member sim has £5 credit on it. That's not true. A free member sim has no credit and only gets the £5 bonus after buying £10 in credit or goodybags. When they find out they have been deceived and must "pay" to get the "free" bonus credit, they immediately lose trust.

I suspect that if all promotion (including member banners) was strictly vetted to tell the whole truth, the number of requested sims would go down significantly -- but the number of activations might go up slightly because the recipients would be getting what they expected.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 13 of 19
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 12/08/2018 | 21:43

@harrrrrry wrote:

@davidevans0000

4 people have ordered sim cards over the last few months and not one has been activated

I suspect that's partly due to incomplete information being given in the promotional material.

They're frequenly advertised to imply that a free member sim has £5 credit on it. That's not true. A free member sim has no credit and only gets the £5 bonus after buying £10 in credit or goodybags. When they find out they have been deceived and must "pay" to get the "free" bonus credit, they immediately lose trust.

I suspect that if all promotion (including member banners) was strictly vetted to tell the whole truth, the number of requested sims would go down significantly -- but the number of activations might go up slightly because the recipients would be getting what they expected.

@harrrrrry i have to say i am in agreement with you

In reality giffgaff should change there marketing and banners so that everyone that does order sim get what they expect.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 19
by: pauljohn7
on: 12/08/2018 | 22:46 edited: 13/08/2018 | 00:22

@davidevans0000

I get quite a few people ordering SIM cards and then not Activating.

I think quite a few people order  SIMs thinking that they come with £5 FREE credit.  They are hoping to get something for nothing.  They overlook the bit the says that you need to top-up to receive the FREE credit.  When they find out that they need to top-up, they bin them.

Get a free giffgaff SIM
Message 15 of 19
by: jaymailsays
on: 13/08/2018 | 03:36

It would certainly assist members if giffgaff advised us when a sim swap had been performed using an afilliated sim.

Luckily those that order sims through a members banner are not costing that member a penny.

Giffgaff stand the entire cost.

They must have done the sums and decided it still makes commercial sense to continue.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 19
by: spacefrog
on: 13/08/2018 | 06:59

Just imagine how many lonely giffgaff sims are just lying there in someones drawer, or thrown in the bin, or buried into the ground in a landfill site, probably a million years to biodegrade....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 17 of 19
by: frpc
on: 13/08/2018 | 07:31
Click to reveal

spacefrog wrote:

Just imagine how many lonely giffgaff sims are just lying there in someones drawer, or thrown in the bin, or buried into the ground in a landfill site, probably a million years to biodegrade....

@spacefrog wrote: probably a million years to biodegrade....

Has anyone ever managed to extract the tiny amount of gold that each sim is plated with and what is the value?

Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
by: spacefrog
on: 13/08/2018 | 07:37

Now that is going to open a can of worms @frpc Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 19 of 19