Community

stop PAYBACK! on a trial for 6months

Started by: giffgaffer_manchester
On: 09/10/2016 | 10:49
Replies: 97

Go to best answer
by: k89bpa
on: 09/10/2016 | 18:12
I agree, but only if it starts today! Muahahahahaha!

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 61 of 98
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 09/10/2016 | 19:57

Gets my vote.

And for those who think the community, particularly H&S would cease to be useful, look at all the other customer driven support communities. They don't give rewards and they all appear to work really well.

Message 62 of 98
by: p7dwy
on: 09/10/2016 | 20:00

No Payback......

No giffgaff......

If I've helped please press the Kudos + button or Set as best answer
Message 63 of 98
by: brulaw
on: 09/10/2016 | 20:09 edited: 09/10/2016 | 20:10

Payback or no payback .....

I'd be staying where I am , and doing exactly as I have done for the past 6 years ....... and the  reason is simple  , giffgaff suits my requirements and ...... I like it here .

Happy giffgaffing everyone big-grin.gif  thumbup.gif

Message 64 of 98
by: angelfzpz
on: 09/10/2016 | 20:21
Allezgiffgaff
i would still be here but cmon seriously the payback is great dont even think bout touch it
Get a free giffgaff Sim Get a free giffgaff Sim
stay hungry, stay foolish
Message 65 of 98
by: jtemplar
on: 09/10/2016 | 20:48

Interesting thread and of course the people, here in contribute are predictably the very members who would continue visiting giffgaff were Payback to be stopped; indeed I would add that there are probably a few others who would return and more still who would contribute more in such circumstances. Smiley Wink

My reasoning is based on the determination, enthusiasm and sheer passion members here have displayed over the years since giffgaff first emerged on the UK mobile scene.

The fact that many members here have, over the years, debated such things as:

• the effect the giving of kudos has on what is now termed General Discussion
  • the 'Payback chasers' with their copy/paste replies ruining Help&Support, and
  • genuine well thought through and discussed ideas getting swamped with those who might post and 'idea' a week without any reference to their fellow members

speaks volumes for the calibre of giffgaff members who have made this Community what it is today.

When I first used the Internet way back in 1994 I was impressed by the unselfishness of the users who would take time to help others and have always tried to keep that spirit alive by helping as best I can without any financial reward but rather the satisfaction of helping others and knowing that when I need help others will be there for me.

Of course Payback is an integral part of the giffgaff business model and others here have already explained why we should leave well alone on that score.

TL:dR Leave Payback Alone & Keep Helping.

Message 66 of 98
by: niqq
on: 09/10/2016 | 21:11

Leave things as they are

Message 67 of 98
by: blackfive460
on: 09/10/2016 | 21:47

p7dwy wrote:

No Payback......

No giffgaff......

@p7dwy

Would you care to expand on that view given that only a tiny minority actually earn payback?

Message 68 of 98
by: brulaw
on: 09/10/2016 | 21:47 edited: 09/10/2016 | 21:53

@jtemplar

Nicely put  ,  some excellent reasoning  . 

Message 69 of 98
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 09/10/2016 | 22:31

jtemplar wrote:

Interesting thread and of course the people, here in contribute are predictably the very members who would continue visiting giffgaff were Payback to be stopped; indeed I would add that there are probably a few others who would return and more still who would contribute more in such circumstances. Smiley Wink

My reasoning is based on the determination, enthusiasm and sheer passion members here have displayed over the years since giffgaff first emerged on the UK mobile scene.

The fact that many members here have, over the years, debated such things as:

• the effect the giving of kudos has on what is now termed General Discussion
  • the 'Payback chasers' with their copy/paste replies ruining Help&Support, and
  • genuine well thought through and discussed ideas getting swamped with those who might post and 'idea' a week without any reference to their fellow members

speaks volumes for the calibre of giffgaff members who have made this Community what it is today.

When I first used the Internet way back in 1994 I was impressed by the unselfishness of the users who would take time to help others and have always tried to keep that spirit alive by helping as best I can without any financial reward but rather the satisfaction of helping others and knowing that when I need help others will be there for me.

Of course Payback is an integral part of the giffgaff business model and others here have already explained why we should leave well alone on that score.

TL:dR Leave Payback Alone & Keep Helping.

@jtemplar

Great points and fully agree mate 

Message 70 of 98