by: harrybeau
on: 24/06/2018 | 17:40

@k89bpa  Fair enough. ( this instead of  of a kudo)  Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 48
by: various_mm
on: 24/06/2018 | 18:21

k89bpa wrote:

@various_mm

Sorry I meant that in a light hearted not accusatory way. From the tone of your reply it seems that didn't come across too well. My apologies for that.

@harrybeau

That would require keeping a relationship with PayPal going. Honestly, I'd rather giffgaff invest whatever they wanted to give me into improving the things which need improving. That would be the best "payback" of all.

@k89bpa

there was no offenced taken. no worries Smiley Happy

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 42 of 48
by: blackfive460
on: 24/06/2018 | 20:46

various_mm wrote:

Those other forums were not likely built around the concept of payback. Giffgaff is, so removing the central pillar would have a greater impact on the community 

<snip> 

We'll have to disagree on that one.

While I'd expect there to be an immediate hiatus, I'd expect that there are enough people who would just carry on as before; that's the 0.1% I mentioned and others who helped at one time but gave up on H&S because of the way things have changed, particularly in the last few years, returning to help. I'd start helping again for a start and I haven't posted in H&S for years.

Of course we'll never know what would happen if payback for Community activity was removed but wouldn't it be interesting to find out?

Message 43 of 48
on: 24/06/2018 | 21:17

blackfive460 wrote:

various_mm wrote:

Those other forums were not likely built around the concept of payback. Giffgaff is, so removing the central pillar would have a greater impact on the community 

<snip> 

We'll have to disagree on that one.

While I'd expect there to be an immediate hiatus, I'd expect that there are enough people who would just carry on as before; that's the 0.1% I mentioned and others who helped at one time but gave up on H&S because of the way things have changed, particularly in the last few years, returning to help. I'd start helping again for a start and I haven't posted in H&S for years.

Of course we'll never know what would happen if payback for Community activity was removed but wouldn't it be interesting to find out?

@blackfive460

it maybe a intresting to find out but i dont think giffgaff would risk thier buisness model just to find out how intresting it may be Smiley Happy

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 44 of 48
by: ip633
on: 25/06/2018 | 20:16

various_mm wrote:

what would be one thing for you that giffgaff could do to make being with giffgaff even better?

for me, it has to be itemised billing!

Credit card age verification. It wouldn’t be a complete solution on its own, but it would finally bring giffgaff in line with all the main networks. 

On the question of payback, giffgaff really has created a monster, and some of the amounts being paid out nowadays for forum participation are frankly ridiculous. As has been pointed out, good community based support isn’t necessarily driven by cash incentives, and it’s kind of ironic that their parent network O2 is one good example of that:

https://community.o2.co.uk/

They do have a reward scheme, but it’s pocket money in comparison with the kind of money that’s being paid out here. I think it was a mistake to increase the budget for payback 2.0, and in my opinion the original system was more than generous as it was. Still, I suppose there’s no going back now. 

Message 45 of 48
by: glaswegianeric
on: 28/06/2018 | 03:24
@various_mm for me - definitely non-EU roaming bundles Smiley Happy.
Message 46 of 48
on: 28/06/2018 | 19:18
@glaswegianeric

yes the non-EU roaming bundles would really challenge other mobile networks that offer this

Message 47 of 48
Highlighted
on: 28/06/2018 | 19:22

ip633 wrote:

various_mm wrote:

what would be one thing for you that giffgaff could do to make being with giffgaff even better?

for me, it has to be itemised billing!

Credit card age verification. It wouldn’t be a complete solution on its own, but it would finally bring giffgaff in line with all the main networks. 

On the question of payback, giffgaff really has created a monster, and some of the amounts being paid out nowadays for forum participation are frankly ridiculous. As has been pointed out, good community based support isn’t necessarily driven by cash incentives, and it’s kind of ironic that their parent network O2 is one good example of that:

https://community.o2.co.uk/

They do have a reward scheme, but it’s pocket money in comparison with the kind of money that’s being paid out here. I think it was a mistake to increase the budget for payback 2.0, and in my opinion the original system was more than generous as it was. Still, I suppose there’s no going back now. 

@ip633

nice idea about credit/ debit card verfication

the o2 model is built aorund a call centre and because it has a call centre thats where most of its customers would direct themselves.  with GG most peole have to go on the community as first step.  this drives away traffic from the agents and they money GG saves from not having call centre means it can put in to payback. with o2 it prehaps can't afford money on to of having call centre to fund community activity. therefore thats why its rewards are low.

the two are diffrent models so comparing the two not ideal.

Message 48 of 48