Knowledge Base
Community

whats the one thing?

Started by: various_mm
On: 23/06/2018 | 20:02
Replies: 47

by: various_mm
on: 23/06/2018 | 20:02

what would be one thing for you that giffgaff could do to make being with giffgaff even better?

for me, it has to be itemised billing!

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 1 of 48
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 23/06/2018 | 20:27

various_mm wrote:

what would be one thing for you that giffgaff could do to make being with giffgaff even better?

@various_mm same itemised billing also

Another option would be to buy phones using payback direct, however we would be limited to the phones giffgaff offer.  Whereas currently we can get new phones by saving payback via paypal and u have unlimited choice of phones to choose from

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 48
by: persco
on: 23/06/2018 | 20:41

But isn’t itemised billing issue sorted now with SAR (subject access request) through GDPR hence this AaA link? https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/My-account/Requesting-usage-records/form/

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 48
on: 23/06/2018 | 20:44

shabazmoqsud wrote:

various_mm wrote:

@various_mm same itemised billing also

Another option would be to buy phones using payback direct, however we would be limited to the phones giffgaff offer.  Whereas currently we can get new phones by saving payback via paypal and u have unlimited choice of phones to choose from

@shabazmoqsud

can't see the major issue with being able to buy phone via payback. if you get it paid out as cash then you can buy it that way. plus as you say, with the way it is you can then use the cash to buy the phone from anywhere. i would prefer that because otherwsie peopel could say GG is limiting customer choice

but yes, if the option is easy to have then GG should open it up because there will be those that would want to use payback and buy the phoe from GG

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 4 of 48
on: 23/06/2018 | 20:46 edited: 23/06/2018 | 20:49

persco wrote:

But isn’t itemised billing issue sorted now with SAR (subject access request) through GDPR hence this AaA link? https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask/My-account/Requesting-usage-records/form/

@persco

thnak you for the link.

not really, that is what you do to excercise your legal right to get data GG hold. You have to request that in the manner set, but with itemised billing it would be available on the the acocunt without having to go through a process of messgaing an agent and asking for this every month/ time!

also GG have not confimed if this is thier 'itemised' bllling offer to us members.

Message 5 of 48
by: k89bpa
on: 23/06/2018 | 21:39

Improving agent support response times and attitudes for me personally.

Now that the packages are finally starting to get into the realm of being usable for me personally, the appalling agent support stops me from being able to consider giffgaff as a main provider more than almost anything else, (there are other reasons too, but that's by far the biggest - to swap Vodafone for giffgaff would be to go from the best of the best to the worst of the worst based on my experiences).

The next biggest thing would be regarding data protection. One should not have to use the law regarding any aspect of this, one should not have to threaten and then involve the ICO, the law should be obeyed and giffgaff should go further than the law and voluntarily provide users full control over all of their data in a simple way. They are worse than Facebook and Google in this respect, much, much worse.

I recently reactivated an old Google account and within ten minutes I'd updated all the data I was happy for them to have and removed all the other data. To do the same here I've had to involve the ICO and to make sure that requests have been fulfilled I will also have to submit multiple Subject Access Requests on top of that. What took me ten minutes with Google will end up taking around five months with giffgaff, longer if they make me return to the ICO when it comes to the Subject Access Requests. 

Such behaviour makes it extremely difficult to trust giffgaff, which I'd need to be able to do if I was to consider them as a main provider. Honestly, once I've gone through the payback, I will not be using them even as a backup for these two reasons alone. Sure the packages are good but it's just not worth the stress when Tesco provide much the same without all the headaches. 

---------

For the company as a whole, get with the times and simplify. Dump the website and forum, replace it with a simple to use static website with a smaller range of packages, get rid of the PAYG element, (except for overages), introduce social, live chat and direct email support, (improve agents poor response times and terrible attitude). If they must keep payback they can do so via the social and recruitment channels. Greater honesty and transparency is also a must. 

----------

I know the above sounds hyper critical, but it is an honest answer. This company has a lot of things going for it but they also have a major attitude and complexity problem, I'd actually describe them as aggressive, antagonistic and combative in their approach to various aspects of "support" and even fulfilling their legal obligations. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 6 of 48
on: 23/06/2018 | 21:50

k89bpa wrote:

Improving agent support response times and attitudes for me personally.

Now that the packages are finally starting to get into the realm of being usable for me personally, the appalling agent support stops me from being able to consider giffgaff as a main provider more than almost anything else, (there are other reasons too, but that's by far the biggest - to swap Vodafone for giffgaff would be to go from the best of the best to the worst of the worst based on my experiences).

The next biggest thing would be regarding data protection. One should not have to use the law regarding any aspect of this, one should not have to threaten and then involve the ICO, the law should be obeyed and giffgaff should go further than the law and voluntarily provide users full control over all of their data in a simple way. They are worse than Facebook and Google in this respect, much, much worse.

I recently reactivated an old Google account and within ten minutes I'd updated all the data I was happy for them to have and removed all the other data. To do the same here I've had to involve the ICO and to make sure that requests have been fulfilled I will also have to submit multiple Subject Access Requests on top of that. What took me ten minutes with Google will end up taking around five months with giffgaff, longer if they make me return to the ICO when it comes to the Subject Access Requests. 

Such behaviour makes it extremely difficult to trust giffgaff, which I'd need to be able to do if I was to consider them as a main provider. Honestly, once I've gone through the payback, I will not be using them even as a backup for these two reasons alone. Sure the packages are good but it's just not worth the stress when Tesco provide much the same without all the headaches. 

---------

For the company as a whole, get with the times and simplify. Dump the website and forum, replace it with a simple to use static website with a smaller range of packages, get rid of the PAYG element, (except for overages), introduce social, live chat and direct email support, (improve agents poor response times and terrible attitude). If they must keep payback they can do so via the social and recruitment channels. Greater honesty and transparency is also a must. 

----------

I know the above sounds hyper critical, but it is an honest answer. This company has a lot of things going for it but they also have a major attitude and complexity problem, I'd actually describe them as aggressive, antagonistic and combative in their approach to various aspects of "support" and even fulfilling their legal obligations. 

@k89bpa

thank you for your thoughts

how often wpould you need to contcat an agent. once the phone is up and running, i would think most people go on without needed to contact an agent?

in terms of privacy. how much data do you think GG have on its uders. from what i know the only thing it has about me on its accont is my name and adress. thats it.  whatever GG has is to help run the service, so it would need financial detaails if folks what to recur a goodybag etc

not sure what info you think GG has that you think it shouldnt?

Message 7 of 48
by: jeremylalou
on: 23/06/2018 | 22:04
username change?
Message 8 of 48
by: jeremylalou
on: 23/06/2018 | 22:04

ability to use amex?

Message 9 of 48
by: k89bpa
on: 23/06/2018 | 22:10
@various_mm

Regarding the agents, I've no idea, it would depend on how often account issues occurred, which would be different for everyone. The point is, should you need them they should be friendly, helpful, efficient and customer focused and my experience of them is that they are none of those things.

I appreciate other people may have the opposite experience and that's good if it's true, but it should be universal.

In terms of the data, I can't go into details, first of all an issue is ongoing, secondly giffgaff have made it abundantly clear that I'm not allowed to share my thoughts regarding the specifics of what I've directly experienced and become aware of in terms of data collection, usage and protection, so I'm afraid I can't answer that question for you but they store way more than you think, (they're obliged to by the law).
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 10 of 48