Knowledge Base
Community

A level suggestions?

Started by: varun1234
On: 11/02/2019 | 18:30
Replies: 6

by: varun1234
on: 11/02/2019 | 18:30

I am currently completing 3 a levels and one as level. It is very hard work and I was wondering if there is anyone currently undergoing the same thing or someone who has actually completed a levels with suggestions on how to cope with the heavy work load and pressure of a levels. Thank you.

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/varun1234
Message 1 of 7
by: bobbychips
on: 12/02/2019 | 03:35
Give yourself a daily timetable to stick to for studying. It worked for me. I made a timetable so I would study in free periods between lessons and I had set times in the evening that I would dedicate to my study as well.
Message 2 of 7
by: caro120
on: 12/02/2019 | 07:13

I found most of it was in the bonce, learned as went along but as been said, timetable and a list of things to learn parrot fashion last minute.

Depends what subjects taking.  Mine was languages which involved swotting up on literature, in which case a list of useful quotes.

Lot depends on teachers tho?  Ours used to guess what questions tended to crop up, themes and stuff so adjusted the lessons accordingly.  But maybe english we had some curveballs thrown in and don't think any of us did remarkably well, even the confident ones!Smiley Happy

Good luck anyhow, just do your best and will do well!

Message 3 of 7
by: richmondmike
on: 12/02/2019 | 07:18

It was a long time ago but I coped by careful planning. First I made sure I still had a social life by blocking out Friday and Saturday nights, and timetabled work and revision. I used a rewards system so I had to complete certain work to “buy” an hour of TV or whatever. 

Message 4 of 7
by: varun1234
on: 12/02/2019 | 08:57
@caro120 I currently take four subjects: sociology law accounting and psychology
https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/varun1234
Message 5 of 7
by: caro120
on: 12/02/2019 | 17:40

@varun1234 wrote:

I currently take four subjects: sociology law accounting and psychology

fascinating mix, should be useful!Smiley Happy

didn't do sociology at school cos that where a levels done in them days, is it all at colleges now?

wish we'd done psychology, I think small amount should be taught in schools as a regular thing, such an integral part of life.  Maybe they do, heard of personal and social development, is that still taught?

wasn't in my day, was fairly dry subjects but some of them turned into lifelong interests like languages and geology.. never did well at history or geology though, tend to pick that up as go along.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
by: ringralph
on: 12/02/2019 | 20:40

I did 4 A levels - physics, chemistry & 2 maths.  I quite often went to the pub lunchtimes (including prior to a couple of exams) which is why I only ended up with D, E, O & F grades.  I would suggest that you don’t follow in my footsteps if you want to do well. 

Message 7 of 7