Knowledge Base
Community

Advice about sharing go fund me. (for headstone)

Started by: sharl88
On: 04/02/2019 | 14:22
Replies: 15

by: sharl88
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:22 edited: 04/02/2019 | 14:24

Hi, can anyone give me advice on whether it's allowed to share a go fund me page here on the community?

I have two angel babies who were born asleep a few years ago and I struggle on a daily basis even just to get out of bed. I can't work now due to my mental health and I just manage to get from payday to payday on what I get from ESA.

I have never been able to get the money to pay for my two sons' headstone and this fills me with guilt every time I visit them. It feels like I'm failing them all over again.

I don't have anyone left to help. My mum passed away in 2010 when I was 22 and the family fell apart after that. No one speaks much anymore and any who do just gossip about and belittle each other. I've tried telling family members and friends how bad my mental health is but all I get is "we all have issues, man up." I've given up trying now, what's the point?

Anyway, I mentioned setting up a go fund me in order to help raise funds for my babies' headstone and I was ridiculed. Told me I should be ashamed of myself for considering asking other people to pay for my problems. There's so many people on my social media who are family members and I'm now scared and ashamed to share my fundraiser in a place where anyone knows me because I know the unnecessary backlash I will receive from a lot of people.

I don't know what to do. I've tried sharing on a few pages specifically set up for sharing fundraisers but nothing has come of it so far and it quickly gets lost among all the other posts. A lot of the posts are people in America so maybe the problem is that my go fund me page isn't in America so people can't help, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'd be grateful if anyone could give me some advice on whether I can share a link here or even somewhere I can share it that isn't Facebook etc. 

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Message 1 of 16
by: gvmhb
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:35

Hello @sharl88

That's very sad.

I don't know if sharing your gofundme is allowed on here, but I would certainly contribute to a headstone for your babies.

All the best xx

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 16
by: c_lockett
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:53
I'm so sorry for your loss @sharl88. But why not try putting it on Facebook. You never know. People especially family may be more sympathetic than you think. I wish you success with your fund raising.
Message 3 of 16
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:55
That's very kind of you @gvmhb
I'm hoping someone maybe from Giffgaff can tell me for sure about sharing as I wouldn't want to do so then end up being banned from the community or something. Thank you for your reply.
Message 4 of 16
by: frenchielove
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:58

So sorry for your loss @sharl88 how awful to be put in this position. I am not sure if you can link it here, I know some people do, good luck 🤗

Message 5 of 16
on: 04/02/2019 | 14:59
@c_lockett that was my plan but it was my family who ridiculed me and told me I should be ashamed to do it. My Facebook has a lot of family on it and I honestly can't cope with them bringing me down anymore.
Message 6 of 16
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:09
I know an amazing stonemason/artist so if u do get it up and running pm me and I’ll send u he’s number. I think also u need to speak to someone just for your own well-being 😁
Message 7 of 16
by: joolzian
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:13

@sharl88  Report your own post and an educator should give you an answer.

Message 8 of 16
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:16
Thank you @frenchielove, it's the hardest thing I've had to deal with and I've now been diagnosed with CPTSD. I will wait for a definite answer from someone who knows what's allowed before I share any link. Thank you.
Message 9 of 16
on: 04/02/2019 | 15:20
Thank you @bigdaddy0714 that's very kind of you.
I saw a psychiatrist in November and was referred to CPNs for "more intensive treatment" but they've never been in touch yet. Hopefully it's just been a backlog with the holiday period and they'll get to me soon.
Message 10 of 16