Knowledge Base
Community

All the time in the world

Started by: andishdi
On: 03/02/2019 | 20:18
Replies: 15

by: andishdi
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:18

If you were immortal, or if you knew you were going to live for hundreds of years... What would you do for all that time?

If suddenly there was no rush, you had centuries to amass a fortune and no ties.

Travel the globe, master an instrument, become an author... Do jigsaws??

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 16
by: orlf
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:21
There was a fable on the radio this morning of a man who asked a genie for eternal life. But he didn't ask not to age, so he kept ageing without dying and was eventually locked away in a room babbling incoherently to himself for all eternity.

I wasn't listening very closely, so didn't get what the moral was.
I'm Orlf. It's a Norwegian name.
Message 2 of 16
by: nefarius
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:23

Yeah, jigsaws, yep. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 16
by: bobrobinson
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:40

@andishdi

Id put down for an allotment  as theres a big waiting list.

So maybe i may get one one day Smiley LOL

All the best Bob

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 16
by: revjonty
on: 03/02/2019 | 20:49
Plant trees.

I already plant trees.
Be nice to be alive to see the fruits of my labour though. Still, 'tis my gift to future generations.

Order a sim from here & get a bonus £5 credit upon activation

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 16
by: pinks29
on: 03/02/2019 | 23:28
Think I would have to find a companion first . Could travel the globe, see all the interesting places, earn a bit of money, lay on beach and watch the stars, the list goes on. But then forever is a long long time.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 16
by: eileenusher
on: 03/02/2019 | 23:49
Eternal life, well I would need not to age, maybe go back 25 years and not age from there, I'd do things differently I'd still marry and have my kids wouldn't change that for the world, but think I wouldn't of moved to Burnley, would of stayed in whitby, done my further education teaching cert, and tefl degree then, rather than 20 years later, then of moved to another country, would of said Spain or France or Italy back then, but now Australia would of started my own private English language school, and opened our own restaurant for other half to run, think would of made more money out there in the right place from both them businesses than anywhere in Europe,
The laid back beach kind of lifestyle and cafe culture you get in Australia would suit me (I know you can have that lifestyle on the meditterrean but quality of life seems so much better in Australia and no language barriers,) yes I speak Spanish and French OK but don't think I'd like to speak it most of the time, and the kids and other half would of had to learn it better, they can by now but takes them time to think what and how to say things in them.
Message 7 of 16
by: inandout2
on: 04/02/2019 | 02:45

It would be nice if that was true, and that all your hopes and dreams could be spread out over a longer period.  But there is only one problem to that wish. The Government would not allow it, as the earth would be overpopulated and there wouldn't be enough food, so they would probably start a war to thin out the population, or terminate those over a certain age.

I would not mind as long as my body and mind stayed the same.

Message 8 of 16
by: k89bpa
on: 04/02/2019 | 06:19
Buy a gun for my inevitable suicide.

I would not want to live forever or even a few hundred years, certainly not in this body which has been intent on physically torturing me since my early twenties.

What the hell would I have done to deserve hundreds of years of the hell it puts me through?

Even without that aspect, I still wouldn't wanna live for that long, I'd be bored and frustrated.

My genetic make up suggests that I'll live to between 80-90 and frankly even that seems a little too long for my liking.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
My Public GDrive Folder
Message 9 of 16
by: bigdaddy0714
on: 04/02/2019 | 07:09
I’d just keep learning a busy mind is a healthy mind
Message 10 of 16