Knowledge Base
Community

Best case for an iPhone4

Started by: marineio
On: 01/02/2011 | 14:51
Replies: 3

by: marineio
on: 01/02/2011 | 14:51

Going to be buying an iPhone 4 soon (within the next month or so) - which is the best case to protect/keep functionality, and the best place to purchase? I'm going to see if I can get some screen protectors from the local market to put on both sides, and then put a case on top.

I was looking at a top/bottom flip leather one, to stop my keys damaging it as they will be in the same pocket, or a bumper type one which goes all the way round...

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
by: sonesor
on: 01/02/2011 | 15:01
Gotta be honest, ive had my iPhone4 since launch day and only ever used it with the official Apple Bumper case and i still have NO scratches or marks on the front or back

I tend to keep it laid on the desk, or in my pocket when im away from the desk, and ive never had an issue with it getting damaged

I've even dropped it a couple of times and the bumper has taken the impact with no damage to the phone itself

CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER A SIM / MICROSIM WITH £5 FREE CREDIT
Message 2 of 4
by: trick202
on: 01/02/2011 | 15:02

I would recommend a ZAGG screen for the front and back if using without a case.

I like the 'speck' covers, and they protect nicely and fit well - I don't use a screen cover if I'm using the speck as it keeps the screen away from the surface you're resting on (if face down) by virtue of the bezel it has.

Above all, I would hang on until June. The new one will be out then, and IP4 prices will drop a tad, or you could just go for a new one.

Take a look on mobilefun.co.uk  They have a huge selection. Covers from the market rarely fit well.

------------------------------------------------------
Rich
@trick202
http://gplus.to/trick202
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
by: panther97
on: 01/02/2011 | 16:15

@sonesor wrote:
Gotta be honest, ive had my iPhone4 since launch day and only ever used it with the official Apple Bumper case and i still have NO scratches or marks on the front or back

I tend to keep it laid on the desk, or in my pocket when im away from the desk, and ive never had an issue with it getting damaged

I've even dropped it a couple of times and the bumper has taken the impact with no damage to the phone itself

I dropped mine whilst jumping on an open trampoline and it smashed to peices - Got a replacement though and it worked better than the last one.

Sonesor - Meet my friends, they would actually brake anything, they're so ruthless and careless.

Message 4 of 4