Knowledge Base
Community

Bluetooth Headset & Keyboard

Started by: k89bpa
On: 25/11/2018 | 15:27
Replies: 23

by: k89bpa
on: 08/02/2019 | 05:59
Whoops, the cheaper pair was actually reduced from almost what I paid for the Sony ones, lol

They're not as good sound quality, they clearly don't have the tech inside that the Sony ones do, but still not bad for earbuds and I've had them on for the last 9hrs, (they came fully charged), and they show no sign of dying yet, (although the Android Bluetooth battery monitor is crap, so who knows, maybe they are), beating the claimed battery life.

The Anker ones should be arriving tomorrow, so we'll see how those, (also reduced from almost Sony pricing), do once they're here and charged.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 21 of 24
on: 08/02/2019 | 22:39
I've done my first endurance test on the Sony headset today, (I knew I wouldn't be going out - they're not waterproof, lol).

Sixteen hours of constant use and still gonna have battery left for the morning.

Turns out I wasn't just using them at quiet times either, I've heard no sound of human life at all today, all day, with them on. Nor any domestic animals. I had thought that perhaps I'd just been using them at quiet times but nay, they do provide for total isolation.

The Anker pair have been delivered but I haven't collected them yet. I'll do that at some point over the weekend then put them through their paces too.

Remarkably with the Sony pair, even wearing them for that long, (previous longest has been ~4hrs), there was no sweatiness and no irritation, they never stopped being as comfortable as they were when I put them on at any point in the 16hrs they encased my head/ears.

Huge credit for Sony on that one because that level of comfort for that long is something I've only seej with foam tipped pods before now.

I'm even more impressed than I already was, lol
Message 22 of 24
on: 09/02/2019 | 07:52
Picked up the Anker ones and I'm disappointed.

The wires are so flimsy that I don't see them lasting very long, they felt so delicate that I was nervous unboxing them. I just hope that they live up to the battery life claims and are more durable than I expected.

My takeaway from all of this is:

Bins are better than buds, but only if they're over the ear, in terms of sound and isolation. The better quality, the better the sound.

Buds are much of a muchness except at the extremes so buy based on battery life because the less you have to charge them the longer they should last, (the better known brands will, in theory, have better quality batteries too which will help).
Message 23 of 24
on: 14/02/2019 | 19:58

I've changed my mind on the Anker ones.

Had them on all day today and they are soooooo comfy. They still feel super flimsy around the wires but maybe that adds to the comfort factor. The more I use them to listen to different things the more I'm satisfied with the sound too. There's a much better bass than I initially thought and isolation with them in is total, very little leakage too, outside the ears the music is barely audible even at high volumes. Perfect for trains and planes. 

Microphone is reportedly excellent too. 

Message 24 of 24