Community

Breath for goodness sake! (re outage)

Started by: patchandcrew
On: 08/12/2018 | 17:49
Replies: 8

by: patchandcrew
on: 08/12/2018 | 17:49
Right, enough now! 

People complaining that the brief outage affected work: does your work involve terms and conditions that you and your customers have to abide by? So does giffgaff - try readimg them - giffgaff is for personal use, not business. Everyone mianing about work related losses, giffgaff are within their rights to stop your service for breaching the rules so think about that with your public posts admitting you are breaching the terms..... 

Those moaning at not having an email yet - read the posts about it - they will go out in a few days, several people have posted that information but people are too busy baying for compo to actually read the posts which answer your questions. 

People going on about not being able to send texts - they did go out in multiples, that information has been posted repeatedly too. 

People talking as though they were plunged into an apocolyptic dark age for a few hours, there are phone boxes, there are landlines, there are libraries and internet cafes and most of you will have neighbours with landlines and mobiles on other networks. 

Did we have an earthquake? No.. County wide wildfires? No.. It was just a net outage for a few hours.. Most people could still make calls.. Emergency calls were unaffected. 

Frothing at the mouth for compo is so over the top its surreal! How many other providers give payback like we get here,? All the posts of complaint will add up to more than the outage time 'loss' of usage so think about that and the fact that it wasnt giffgaffs fault anyway.. 
Seriously, just take a step back, think about people suffering real tradegies of illness/bereavement/traumas, and compare such things to a few hours without data!!! 
Message 1 of 9
by: frenchielove
on: 08/12/2018 | 17:51

Spot on @patchandcrew just reading about the tragedy in Italy, and people moan about such trivia. Get a life 

Message 2 of 9
by: gillone
on: 08/12/2018 | 17:56
Totally agree , move on , keep calm and ‘ Relax’
👍
Message 3 of 9
by: themzbiker
on: 08/12/2018 | 18:04
@patchandcrew

Really don't know why people complain i had a brilliant day with out my phone some people need to get a life & stop moaning just because they had no dreadful facebook for a day
Message 4 of 9
on: 08/12/2018 | 23:35

No idea why my post went to a scrollable box, I used my phone to post but it has never done that before ! Tried to edit to make it normal on the page but it didn;t work, sorry peeps ! 

Message 5 of 9
by: o__o
on: 08/12/2018 | 23:39
I totally agree, some people need to get their priorities straight and stop being so wrapped up in third world problems.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 9
by: suziehar
on: 09/12/2018 | 13:18
Absolutely agree......mind you I barely use my phone so did not even realise until the evening when my hubby sent me a text that came thru 4 times as it told him it didnt send so he just kept trying. Then when I tried to reply mine did the same....
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
on: 10/12/2018 | 03:33

Got to say, that thread is more comical by the day Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 9
by: bobrobinson
on: 10/12/2018 | 03:46

Great Post there @patchandcrew

Other networks have outages too just google each network saying outages then name the network and you will see.

I had quite a good day when giffgaff went down .I did most of my christmas shopping and had dinner out.

It was realy nice.

Anyway  people could easaly have a back up sim for another network if they rely on there phone that much. Easy answer .

All the best BobSmiley Happy  

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 9