On: 16/11/2018 | 09:41
Replies: 170

by: sammcfcbooth
on: 19/11/2018 | 13:53

thanks @rjs75 it seems to have caused some debate, as does politics in general 

Message 111 of 171
by: majorincident
on: 19/11/2018 | 15:23

Point taken @andyslc about Parliament being the people's representative, but it did not decide on our behalf with the first referendum and there is nothing to stop a second referendum on the deal being put to the people.  We are where we are and fully accept 'the will of the people', although Brexit is not looking like what it wanted.  None of Mrs May's gainsayers has a viable alternative and more heat than light is being generated by clueless malcontents.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Message 112 of 171
by: davidsoponski
on: 19/11/2018 | 15:35
I wouldn't change my ballot at all.

I voted to remain and I still stick my decision to do so (and everything we've seen and learnt since the vote only reinforces my resolve on the matter).

We hadn't thought it through, the whole BS with the Bus spouting NHS claims (they never said it was a promise, only an aspiration etc) not to mention the many, many "If's, buts and maybes" spouted by the Brexit team (who, we have learnt, didn't have a plan, because they never thought they would win the vote).

If I sound a little smug, I apologize, because I also firmly believe we should go ahead with it now we are committed to leaving.
The real hard work starts when we finally leave.
Message 113 of 171
by: tradertall
on: 19/11/2018 | 16:29

The people who post that they "knew what they were voting for" seem awfully upset about getting what they voted for.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 114 of 171
by: tooltrader
on: 19/11/2018 | 16:33
Upset is better than suicidal in the remain camp.
Message 115 of 171
by: bazthebear2
on: 19/11/2018 | 16:42
I voted leave and we should leave, this has got out of hand.
Baz The Bear
Supporting Wildlife Worldwide
Message 116 of 171
by: bethany_bee
on: 19/11/2018 | 18:59
I totally agree with this, if we vote again and staying wins will the leavers then demand another vote lol, how pathetic would the uk look if a second vote was to happen.
Message 117 of 171
by: tooltrader
on: 19/11/2018 | 19:11
How would the UK look?towns cities burning and lots of looting I'd imagine.
Message 118 of 171
by: techiebloke
on: 19/11/2018 | 19:27

@tooltrader wrote:

How would the UK look?towns cities burning and lots of looting I'd imagine.

@tooltrader

Yeah, because that's how a civilised democracy works isn't it?

Ah well, some will exploit anything to get their hands on a 50" flatscreen won't they?

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 119 of 171
Highlighted
by: thepresident
on: 19/11/2018 | 19:38
I didn't vote and would not vote if another one was arranged.
As I thought, this is far too complicated an issue to be left to general members of the public who have been fed lies and mores lies from both sides.
Somehow the choice should be taken away from the public and the politicians, only trouble is then who would choose??? The experts can not agree, business can not agree. This really has made the UK less united and less safe and that is a shame.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 120 of 171