Community

Brexit party,, "mistake...!"

Started by: only_justme65
On: 04/05/2019 | 12:15
Replies: 33

by: standardbearer
on: 05/05/2019 | 15:13

@majorincidentwrote:

Brexit is what happens when you pander to populism.  The country has been plunged into chaos and the government is barely able to actually govern.

I dont know about populism Major.

You do realise that each party in the past spoke about having a referendum but when it came to it said the time was not right just yet.

Even the liberals mentioned a referendum at one time.

Why do you think the time was not right.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 31 of 34
by: majorincident
on: 05/05/2019 | 15:22

The Labour Party has bigger problems than Corbyn.  The raging anti-semitic row is poisonous and is the why a lot of people, including me were I so minded, will not vote Labour in the general election.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 32 of 34
by: nosher69
on: 05/05/2019 | 16:08
76000 £25 brexitparty supporters now signed up.
the reason leavers are against a 2nd vote is because it won't offer wto on the ticket so is undemocratic.
most of the media is biased and tribal politics and parliment itself is not fit for purpose.
change is coming my friends.
Message 33 of 34
Highlighted
by: majorincident
on: 05/05/2019 | 16:09

@standardbearerwrote:

I dont know about populism Major.

You do realise that each party in the past spoke about having a referendum but when it came to it said the time was not right just yet.

Even the liberals mentioned a referendum at one time.

Why do you think the time was not right.

The dictionary definition of populism is this and is precisely what has been happening all over the world.  Some versions are more extreme than others, but the basic idea is the common theme.

I was too young to vote when the question was asked in 1975 whether we wanted to remain in the then EEC.  The country said yes in a bigger majority than said no in the 2016 referendum.  The time wasn't right because we didn't have a prime minister (Cameron) running scared of the rightwing of the Tory party.

If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy. David Davis, Conservative MP
Message 34 of 34