Knowledge Base
Community

Bullying and mind games at work

Started by: thelondoner
On: 13/08/2019 | 08:42
Replies: 25

by: thelondoner
on: 14/08/2019 | 19:34
@gillone where I work the HR are in cohoots with the woman in question and her manager, so raising a grievance won’t achieve anything. I will be writing an email to the ceo probably tomorrow or at the end of the month.
Message 21 of 26
by: pinks29
on: 14/08/2019 | 19:51

So sorry to hear that but glad you got a better paid job @thelondoner

My daughter had trouble with a bullying manager, who wouldn't let her out the office once not even to use loo or have a lunch break. She left after that and has since found out he's in prison for fraud. She worked for NHS and they split it in two, so she opted to leave and he got his comeuppance. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 22 of 26
Highlighted
by: _kara_
community giff-staffer

on: 14/08/2019 | 21:43
@thelondoner I'm happy for you that you've been able to leave and it looks like you'll end up better off all round wherever you go next.

giffgaff Educator

Message 23 of 26
by: techiebloke
on: 14/08/2019 | 22:01 edited: 14/08/2019 | 22:05

@thelondonerwrote:

@gillonewhere I work the HR are in cohoots with the woman in question and her manager, so raising a grievance won’t achieve anything. I will be writing an email to the ceo probably tomorrow or at the end of the month.

@thelondoner 

Good luck with your new job but remember wherever you work, HR are not your friend, they are there to advise Management  and when required, do their bidding.

The latest trend seems to be to call them People Services to try and dispel the negative connations but their function hasn't changed.

It's a function that's begging to be automated as at least then you wouldn't have to deal with the two faced crettins that choose it as a career.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 24 of 26
by: caro120
on: 15/08/2019 | 00:08

@thelondonerwrote:

So, I've been bullied by a new female manager when she started last November. My hair has started falling out, and they were increasinly trying to manage me and my output even though I was the most productive and hard working guy there.

So I decided to quit and handed my notice in last month. I can't wait till I finish at the end of the month! Want to be done with this place! No one should have to put up with bullying in the workplace.

Funniest thing ever is that they were underpaying me, and i've already had interviews come up for jobs paying £10k more. So my current employers can go screw themselves!

Nothing worse than a job you dread going in to.. and is usually people rather than the actual work.. used to get picked on by bully just cos I was quiet (was a long time ago).

I've moved on in past when felt wasn't doing a good job either cos not suited to it or the system didn't allow efficiency.

If you get one you love then it's a joy to go in, had many that were neutral and a couple that couldn't wait to start a new day cos loved it so much, was mostly down to the people.

Yep new manager they say new broom sweeps clean.  We had one and think she was trying to drive people out so she could get her friends in to work for her.  Luckily was a strong team, I moved on but the others got petition together and went to head office about it.  Previous place she worked said she played head games too, very unprofessional and odd... she was the one that didn't fit in but tried to twist it so everyone else was wrong.

Yep draw a line under it, don't look back and let it settle in your subconscious while you get stuck into new job - is all learning process and another time will deal with things differently?  I think half the time there's stuff going on we not aware of and I don't get involved in politics if can help it, try to get on with everyone equally.

Can get vitamins for hair, not sure if biotin (Bvits) helps it - just in case need a boost.. maybe if drinking extra coffee might be a little depleted and think stress can do that too...

Message 25 of 26
by: caro120
on: 15/08/2019 | 00:15

@thelondonerwrote:

@gillonewhere I work the HR are in cohoots with the woman in question and her manager, so raising a grievance won’t achieve anything. I will be writing an email to the ceo probably tomorrow or at the end of the month.

Maybe it'll prompt him to check staff turnover, sickness etc.. 

There are websites where can leave employee review but best to keep it within the organisation so get a fair reference?

Tho they used to say employers don't always chase up references - wonder if that still the case, seems like a daft thing to miss... end up with unsuitable managers.

See if can find out where else she worked and how they got on with her?

Maybe just stressful company and that can mess up hormones in women and make both men and women perform badly.  Are the systems efficient, is there understaffing?  It's a particularly volatile economy and political sitch at mo so expect a lot of places feeling the pinch but people with personality defects in the workplace makes things ten times worse!

Message 26 of 26