Knowledge Base
Community

Bullying and mind games at work

Started by: thelondoner
On: 13/08/2019 | 08:42
Replies: 25

by: thelondoner
on: 13/08/2019 | 08:42

So, I've been bullied by a new female manager when she started last November. My hair has started falling out, and they were increasinly trying to manage me and my output even though I was the most productive and hard working guy there.

So I decided to quit and handed my notice in last month. I can't wait till I finish at the end of the month! Want to be done with this place! No one should have to put up with bullying in the workplace.

Funniest thing ever is that they were underpaying me, and i've already had interviews come up for jobs paying £10k more. So my current employers can go screw themselves!

Message 1 of 26
by: spiritquest
on: 13/08/2019 | 08:52
@thelondoner
Good morning, I admire your courage to finally stand up for yourself and move on. You are right, bullying in the workplace or anywhere else, is uncalled for, but I have noticed, no one ever really seems to stop a bully. I wish you the best of luck in your new career, and lets hope you are paid what you are worth! Your value as a human being needs no price tag, you already realize your own worth! Have a great day my friend.
Message 2 of 26
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:09

@spiritquestwrote:

@thelondoner
Good morning, I admire your courage to finally stand up for yourself and move on. You are right, bullying in the workplace or anywhere else, is uncalled for, but I have noticed, no one ever really seems to stop a bully. I wish you the best of luck in your new career, and lets hope you are paid what you are worth! Your value as a human being needs no price tag, you already realize your own worth! Have a great day my friend.

My current employer will be epically screwed once I leave. They don't have anyone else who knows the systems like I know them, and they were messing me around for ages. I actually have a big smile on my face knowing they will be left in the lurch once I leave. They've been treating me disrespectfully for a while and the deserve all that's coming to them! Oh and there will be no handover as they've not hired anyone and won't have done so by the time i've left!

Message 3 of 26
by: vickyjakesmum
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:16

Good for you @thelondoner  I guess you should have reported her really, as she will probably go on to do the same to another person. 

The best of luck to you with your job search, it's not nice to work under those circumstances, anyone who has a job they like with people they get on with are lucky. There's usually a clash with someone, that's just life isn't it. 

Keep smiling. 😊

Message 4 of 26
by: msmon55
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:17

As @spiritquest said, it's good you know your true worth and your current employers will soon know your true worth (the day you are no longer there). Enjoy your new job and look forward to your new life @thelondoner.

Message 5 of 26
by: standardbearer
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:25

Heil @thelondoner 

Well done mate.

Be interesting if you find out what is happening to ex firm a couple of months after you left.

The only thing I would say is I found when I had to use an office as a satellite base, there is always banter, I found the women as bad as the men.

So you may find this anywhere with workmates.

But not  all Female bosses would be bullying. The best bosses  look after their staff , and then the staff will look after them.

As you know nobody is perfect we all make mistakes including bosses.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 6 of 26
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:42

@vickyjakesmumwrote:

Good for you @thelondoner  I guess you should have reported her really, as she will probably go on to do the same to another person. 

The best of luck to you with your job search, it's not nice to work under those circumstances, anyone who has a job they like with people they get on with are lucky. There's usually a clash with someone, that's just life isn't it. 

Keep smiling. 😊

Yup you get people like that everywhere I guess, some places more bearable than others! I'm going to report the manager in question when I leave. She's doing it to other people who are not fortunate enough to be able to leave like me, so I need to do it for them!

Message 7 of 26
by: frenchielove
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:53

No one should have to tolerate this @thelondoner well done to you, your health is paramount. Good luck with a new job 🤗

Message 8 of 26
by: bluenose5
on: 13/08/2019 | 09:56
You are better than them ,Good luck.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 26
by: sammcfcbooth
on: 13/08/2019 | 10:07

good luck @thelondoner 

I had a hard time before i left the Navy and was bullied by an officer, so i crushed 24 laxatives up and put them in his private sugar he kept in his drawer for his brews, it's nice to get your own back before you leave.

I reccomnd some revenge (not murder or something series by the way)

Laxatives, dog food in their lunch....you get the point

Message 10 of 26