Community

COMMENTS on APRIL 2019 Creative Writing Challenge ⭕️♿️☸️ WHEELS 🛒⚙️🧿🚳

Started by: jesi23
On: 04/04/2019 | 21:32
Replies: 47

by: jesi23
on: 04/04/2019 | 21:32

Welcome to the COMMENTS Thread.

Please post all comments in this thread, and keep the main thread reserved for your entries.

Entries should be your own work; if you decide to post anything written by someone else, please acknowledge their authorship. Only your first entry will be considered; you can submit ‘non-entries’ (labelled as such) in this thread if you wish.

Click to reveal

Please keep to a maximum 1500 words

The winner will be decided at the end of the month on the basis of ‘kudos’ received

No prizes except the satisfaction of appreciation and the joy of writing 

Please one entry per member

No abusive language please

Thank you to everyone who gets involved in this month’s CWC on         WHEELS     whether in submitting entries or in reading and commenting.

Everyone’s contributions are valuable and make this what it is!

Click to reveal
feel free to suggest Further topics  either in this thread or by Private Message to @jesi23

Please post your entries in the Creative Writing Challenge

ENTRIES thread for APRIL 2019 

(Please note that this is a live link)

I am looking forward to reading your entries and discussions this month!

🤡 Jes

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 1 of 48
on: 05/04/2019 | 22:23

I am visiting my daughter in Nottinghamshire and asked my grandson for some examples of wheels … he showed me his heelies and a working model of a Pod Wheel (like a Ferris Wheel, but with pods) for me to photograph … 

I plan to take some more pictures of different WHEELS and posting them …

@serving_n_a_j  read my OP on the ENTRIES thread and wondered why I hadn’t mentioned gear wheels … @american_twin wondered why no mention of roller skates or skateboards … my reply to both was, “you can always write your own entry and include whatever you want!

46BFC0B2-7680-40B1-92F5-BEA1BFEC3212.jpegDaniel’s ‘heelies’ (shoes with wheels)

FD20D705-A18B-48B0-BF9C-3509DA4C7056.jpegMosaic in underpass near Queen Street Baptist Church in Coventry …

The Mosaic was a Community Project on a wooden frame. We were involved in enlarging the original drawings from A4 to Lifesize on tracing paper using a grid

🤡

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Message 2 of 48
on: 05/04/2019 | 22:26

305C8202-30F7-40D0-99F1-109288E98244.jpegDaniel’s Pod Wheel (which really works!)

Somehow or other this picture disappeared off the previous post … 

🤡

Message 3 of 48
on: 08/04/2019 | 01:23

@What a lovely surprise to see two entries just now when I logged in!

@123kingarthur  I have never tried ‘meals-on-wheels’ … I don’t think they are available where we are, as I read somewhere (maybe local free paper) that funding was no longer available or maybe not enough volunteers? We are on committee for our local Talking Newspaper (and used to help prepare/record/read before commitments made things difficult) and it was missed by some who had used to get them … a 3 yr old’s mind is so uncomplicated, isn’t it! And literal

@an_droid  Thank you for starting us off this month! Who really knows why or how the wheel was invented? My grandson (budding architect at 19) thinks the printing press was the best invention (he thought there would be more of a twist in my OP) … I rather like continuity, myself!

@goofygirl  @dolly247  just a reminder that the new topic is up if you want to join in… @spiritquest  @standardbearer  Comments are welcome as well!  @polowoman @acetech  @gwpreston  

🤡

Message 4 of 48
by: standardbearer
on: 08/04/2019 | 08:34

@jesi23 

Are you trying to wheel me in ?

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 5 of 48
by: an_droid
on: 08/04/2019 | 13:40 edited: 08/04/2019 | 13:48
The heelies look fun!
Message 6 of 48
by: 123kingarthur
on: 08/04/2019 | 13:46
@jesi23 Thank you Jesi for this site it is always fun to do and I think it is amazing the topics that you can find xx
Message 7 of 48
by: standardbearer
on: 08/04/2019 | 19:42

@jesi23 

Jesi im not sure but my entry above may be on the wrong thread and if so I dont know how to transfer it.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 8 of 48
on: 08/04/2019 | 20:41

I have reported the entry to the Educators to please move it to the correct thread.

Similarly, when comments are made in the entry thread, you go to the ‘hamburger’ icon at bottom corner of the post, go to last option (Report) and request it to be moved to the correct thread!  @standardbearer 

🤡

Message 9 of 48
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 08/04/2019 | 20:43
@standardbearer and @jesi23 - all sorted now Smiley Happy

giffgaff Educator

Message 10 of 48