Knowledge Base
Community

Call to re-introduce DATA only packages

Started by: giulie
On: 19/05/2019 | 19:32
Replies: 3

by: giulie
on: 19/05/2019 | 19:32

I do not with to tether my tablet. I would love to have a second GG sim to use exclusively in my tablet. If you would also like DATA only to come back please respond to this message! Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
by: techiebloke
on: 19/05/2019 | 20:07

@giulie 

Hi

Have a look at this poist https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/A-change-coming-to-goodybags-in-May-2019/td-p/232230...

I suspect giffgaff are already struggling with the volume of data going through the system so while I understand where you are coming from I think it's unlikely at the monent.

"Get your free SIM with £5 credit"

Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Message 2 of 4
by: bladerunner929
on: 20/05/2019 | 00:58

@giulie hi, when data only sims were available cost for cost it worked out cheaper to register and use a standard sim and forfeit the minutes and texts 

Message 3 of 4
by: acetech
on: 20/05/2019 | 01:27 edited: 20/05/2019 | 01:29

The data only 'gigabags' only went when the amount of data in the goodybag was the same for the same price, essentially leaving the calls and text at no extra cost.

I get the whole "not wanting to pay for what you don't use" thing, but when the cost is the same due to the data being the most expensive part it's not really viable to leave, or keep developing a lesser product.

It's like going out for a meal and them giving a side salad, they won't charge less if you don't want the salad. To most the data is the main, or at least the most expensive part and what you pay for, the calls and texts are a garnish.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 4