On: 06/12/2018 | 12:52
Replies: 8

by: ytokyo
on: 06/12/2018 | 12:52

I had a crazy idea... 

Just a thought in my head... 

The refugee crisis... 

Could we make a country somewhere? 

There must be places around the world where there are big patches of land? 

We could start a new country. 

Anyone welcome to come... 

You would then get too many applicants... 

So maybe have a system where you have to have an educational grade... 

Importantly, anyone (ANY age) could study and get this.

A partial solution to the world's problems? 

Where? 

Australia has massive spaces! (I'm sure they wouldn't welcome the idea - but maybe if they had financial incentives would be different? ) 

Russia? 

Just a wild crazy thought. 🙂 

I don't like seeing suffering. People dying of starvation. People being killed because of religion. + Many other reasons. 

Message 1 of 9
by: tooltrader
on: 06/12/2018 | 13:48
I dont mind the educated having their own country,as long as people with common sense can have their own country too.
Message 2 of 9
by: beautiful01
on: 06/12/2018 | 14:00

Actually this is a good point if anyone is free to go anywhere then we can leave their rapidly disintegrating hell hole and go somewhere nice Smiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: tonicurtis1967
on: 06/12/2018 | 14:29
Cos most of it is uninhabitable
Message 4 of 9
by: ytokyo
on: 07/12/2018 | 12:08
@tonicurtis1967 there has to be SOMEWHERE? Maybe an African country? Or maybe better somewhere, where we have more isolation - where a neighboring country can't just invade.

I don't like seeing suffering around the world (99% man made). At the same time, I understand the fear of accepting millions of refugees into a country is feared by all in that country.
Message 5 of 9
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:36
Dont be worrying about the rest of the world ytokyo,they're not worried about you.
Simple formula is look after number 1.
Message 6 of 9
by: gvmhb
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:52
It's an idea I had a long time ago.
The problem is that someone "owns" all the land everywhere - and they are not going to like you taking it from them to build your refuge country.
International agreement and using lots of money (or force if necessary) would be needed. I'm not sure it would really solve the problem anyway. Look at how things have turned out with Israel - and they were all the same religion to start with Smiley Frustrated
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
by: michaeldunha
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:09
@ytokyo well it's idea but honestly I don't see it working.
It would need to be an island isolated from all other countries otherwise they'd just migrate into the established population.
There's course the question as to why so many don't actually apply for asylum in the first safe country they reach?
You have to admit they do make a beeline for the more wealthy western countries, so would they even accept your proposal?
And if they start fighting amongst themselves, who goes in to sort it out?
Message 8 of 9
on: 07/12/2018 | 17:18
I was there for quite a while back in 88 gvmhb,quite a volatile bunch,but there attitude is we built Israel for Israelis and thats that.
Anybody disagrees and you'll pay the price,simple and effective and something we should learn from.
Message 9 of 9