Knowledge Base
Community

Comedy, do you like yours edgy or safe?

Started by: techiebloke
On: 08/12/2018 | 20:33
Replies: 14

by: tonicurtis1967
on: 08/12/2018 | 23:32
I agree i dont like ken dodd or michael McIntyre or john bishop. I like lee evans stuart lee and frankie boyle
Message 11 of 15
by: k89bpa
on: 09/12/2018 | 02:59 edited: 09/12/2018 | 03:06

Mine varies depending on my mood, but I really like comedy that makes you think.

Aussie comics really appeal to me, Hannah Gadsby, Bredon Burns, Jim Jeffries, Steve Hughes, people like that, but I also love the Irish guy who's name I can't remember right now, he's really offbeat, is it Jason Byrne? Stewart Lee, Billy Connolly, Eddie Izzard and Rob Newman also never fail to make me laugh.

Then you have the Two Ronnies, Hale and Pace, Smith and Jones, The Mary Whitehouse Experience, pretty much anything Paul Whitehouse has ever done, (Fast Show, Harry Enfield and especially his show where he was playing characters going to therapy, I don't remember the name of it).

Funniest of all though, the Pythons, especially live and especially when they corpse on stage. Their comedy was very hit and miss for a lot of people, but for me they can nearly kill me with laughter even after many, many viewings of the show and the movies, especially Palin and Cleese when they're together. So, so, so much love for Michael Palin. And Eric's songs. I could and do spend hours watching them all. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 12 of 15
by: andyslc
on: 09/12/2018 | 07:21

That’s disappointing @snenklehen. I like Bill but wouldn’t want to pay money to listen to the same jokes again, especially not if mixed with poor new ones. I like a lot of his stuff based around music because it isn’t political. Shame.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
by: madscouser69
on: 09/12/2018 | 07:55
The edgier the better. Try KATG can’t put the full title but listen to him to get my level of humour @techiebloke
gg_256_zpsdigisawd.gif
Message 14 of 15
by: standardbearer
on: 09/12/2018 | 08:29 edited: 09/12/2018 | 18:33

I find a lot of comedians have to resort to dirty jokes. Not the deep blue ones but you know what i mean.A lot of the audiance laugh at the jokes. Im no prude, far from it, but I find it so boring often joking about bits of the body, oh yes and the emphasis on the f word used every other sentence. Boring.

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 15 of 15