Knowledge Base
Community

Creative Writing Challenge February/March 2019 ♥️❤️♥️ HEARTS ♥️❤️♥️

Started by: jesi23
On: 05/02/2019 | 20:07
Replies: 14

by: jesi23
on: 05/02/2019 | 20:07 edited: 05/02/2019 | 20:20

Welcome to the Creative Writing Challenge for FEBRUARY/MARCH 2019 !

The topic chosen this month is HEARTS! 

The inspiration for this topic was two-fold. My birthday is Valentines’ Day, and my husband, @serving_n_a_j has had a cardiac pacemaker for nearly 42 years and had an atrial fibrillation episode (for 39hrs) last Sunday (27 January) which resulted in an admission to Hospital that day overnight and treatment to slow his heart rate down (from over 170 bpm) to a more reasonable level.

You are welcome to interpret the topic whichever way you want ~ medically ~ fancifully ~ romantically ~ use your imagination!

Entries should be your own work; if you decide to post anything written by someone else, please acknowledge their authorship. Only your first entry will be considered; you can submit ‘non-entries’ (labelled as such) in the comments thread if you wish.

Click to reveal

Please keep to a maximum 1500 words

The winner will be decided at the end of the month on the basis of ‘kudos’ received

No prizes except the satisfaction of appreciation and the joy of writing 

Please one entry per member

No abusive language please

This thread is for ENTRIES only. This makes it easier to read and judge the entries without distractions. 

Please put all comments in the COMMENTS thread.

(Please note that this is a live link) 

The comments thread is where you can ask more questions about the entries, and discuss the writing styles and ask for advice. Basically, anything related to the topic but not in itself an entry! 

Everyone is welcome to submit an entry in this thread. Feel free to interpret the theme however you want!

Please keep your entry under 1500 words if possible.

If you submit an entry written by someone else please give proper credit and acknowledgements.

There are no prizes, but the winner will be chosen as usual on the basis of ‘kudos’ received by the end of the month.

Looking forward to reading your entries this month! 

🤡 Jes

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 1 of 15
by: an_droid
on: 05/02/2019 | 21:19
I really do like strawberries, They're shaped just like a heart, They're are so many things about them, I don't know where to start, I don't have the heart to eat this one, Its just so red, so fragrant, so perfect, I kissed, I licked and now oh dear, it's gone!
Message 2 of 15
by: sarahg911
on: 05/02/2019 | 22:07
Hearts Acrostic Poem.... By me (Sarah)

Hearts help keep us all alive
Everyone needs a heartbeat to survive
Arteries and veins carry the blood
Red or blue it's part of the flood
The heart is also used for love
Someone sent me a white dove!
Message 3 of 15
by: 123kingarthur
on: 06/02/2019 | 10:04 edited: 06/02/2019 | 10:12

I think it is time we got to the Heart of the Matter This tiny little Heart shaped organ lives in the centre of your body and it can give you Heart Ache when you are worried and it can give you your Heart desire when you get what you wish for.   

Love comes when you marry your Sweet Heart but you would get a Broken Heart if they left you.

.But then you would get my Heart Felt Sympathy if this happened  as anyone with a Heart would know.

Take Heart though it may never happen.

Children are a Blessing and you must put your Heart into bringing them up
Should  you put your Heart into all this then you deserve a Heart Warming drink
and do enjoy this from the bottom of Heart   Heart xx

Message 4 of 15
by: padiho
on: 08/02/2019 | 08:06

An unseen hero that has much to do
Working hard night and day, just for you
Whatever we do, whether work , rest or play
We don't give it a thought as we live our day

It fits so nicely in it's own little space
To do its work , it's the perfect place
It will sometimes beat slowly and other times quick
Whatever we choose, it's ours to pick.

This unseen hero when in love will flutter
But if we're afraid it will change to a stutter
It's always aware we may need to be ready
Whatever is happening , it tries to keep steady

This hero I talk of is called our heart
A vital organ from which we can't part
If it were to stop that would clearly be tragic
Our heart, our gift , our organ of magic

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 15
by: silemairin
on: 08/02/2019 | 17:40 edited: 08/02/2019 | 18:08

HeartSO WHAT IS A HEART HUG?Heart

I discovered a heart hug when I gave birth to my first baby they laid this tiny piece of humanity on my chest as they said "Mum" it's a girl I felt something gently squeeze my heart as though it was getting a hug when suddenly it was though it opened and out gushed undying love , I called it a heart hug from that day to this many things have happened to give me this wonderful sensation, as my daughter grew  she achieved many things so much so she was head hunted sadly for me it was in Canada ,I knew I had to let her go even though it would mean Heartbreak ,however along came skype and facetime and back came the Hearthugs sometimes we have to let those we love leave us, she has a wonderful life and after all  we may give them life but it is theirs to live and ours to watch,

My second daughter arrived when elder sister was six years old she came early and was only 3lb 2ozs goodness when I saw this tiny baby in a class container I thought my Heartwould explode, she did not go to long to show her brain was ahead of her body , the nurse made me laugh she explained that they could not believe it prem: babies would be given a dummy to suck and few ever suckled and were fed by a tube not my little one the nurse said the dummy just touched her lips dummy it went straight into mouth  and she sucked away Heart hugs , further proof she had been here before she was about five when she asked could she have a watch , when you can tell the time I replied two days later she walked in looked at the clock told me the time,and said "can I have watch now please" once again I thought my heart would explode,  she has grown to be a loving caring nurse and works in a paediatric ward  my heart has been continuously hugged with pride, thanks to the treasures I have had, and  to have had such love given and received , and to have had my life filled with HeartHugsHeartHeartHearthugs

Message 6 of 15
by: gloriousiam
on: 08/02/2019 | 20:15

I love you sweetheart ❤️💕

Message 7 of 15
by: acetech
on: 11/02/2019 | 01:31
I was driving for work the day before yesterday listening to the radio "hello and this is the news on heart FM and this is your local traffic update. There has been an accident northbound on the A17 near Sutton bridge at 8:17 this morning leaving 3 dead as they waited in their stationary car and were hit by a lorry".

As the thought of what happened shocked me to the core because I used that road daily I awoke with a start.

Yesterday morning while driving I heard exactly the same news on heart FM about a family of 3 being wiped out by a suspected over tired lorry driver at 8:17 am, though again I woke up in my bed even though it felt so real.

This morning while driving for work I was approaching Sutton bridge on the A17 when I heard on the radio the Jingle "this is heart....", then proceeding to play a song "what's the story morning glory" by oasis "need a little time to wake up..."

As I opened my eyes I swerved my lorry, barely missing a family sitting in their car, when I looked down at my clock it was 8:17......

(the above is pure fiction, I do not drive lorry's for a living or regularly use that road)
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 15
by: standardbearer
on: 11/02/2019 | 05:17
Ive had times when my heart doth race.
Like the other day when I had the Ace of hearts to win.
Or when I opened up the Valentine cards that came through the letterbox.
Or looking at the love heart that beutiful girl gave me.
Or the first kiss with that beutiful girl when I plucked up courage to kiss her lovely lips. Oh how my heart pounded. Will she push me away or will she respond?
My heart was pounding as I went to take the penalty. If it goes in we win the game against Germany . Steady now we ve never beaten them at penalties
before. Steady your breathing and slow your heartbeat.
One run up, one kick, and yes the goalkeeper goes the wrong way and the ball is in the net.
England win !!
Im looking up the running track in a sprinters crouch. Control your heartbeat and wait for the buzz.
Buzz! Were off running , im gaining on that guy they call Bolt
No he just does it again. Ill try next time.
Im in the sun , its on my face, this chair is comfortable. A cold lager by my side. The sun is warm on the face, the green trees and flowers have never looked so great, the birds are singing. My heart is ticking nice and slowly, oh how relaxing.
Ain't life Great !!

Fortune Favours The Brave S.P.Q.R
Message 9 of 15
by: caro120
on: 12/02/2019 | 06:07

Oh england, my 

A Lion's Face Semi-Gloss Wallpaper RollImage result for picture of heart

I love you despite your problems!Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15